greeting... I lost enthusiasm

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kanawati
STARTING OUT

greeting... I lost enthusiasm

Post by kanawati »

Hello everyone
name is Mohammad, and I am from Damascus - SYRIA.
I was 110 kg (almost 160 lb), and I'm attending a very good gym, and training hard (on machines), and following own diet (eat half of everything I used to eat)
training runs as follows:
Sat. +Mon. +Wed. : upper ab. + chest (3 machines) + oblique
Sun. + Tue. +Thu. : lower ab. + shoulders + legs (2 machines) + back (4 machines)
In 2 months I lost 12.5 kg (around 18 lb), but now body has stopped losing weight, and for that I lost enthusiasm.
Any tips to start losing fat on big and gaining muscle mass????
I'm not taking any supplements except fat burner. and aim is to have a great body, with great strength.
thank you
PuroRock327
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: greeting... I lost enthusiasm

Post by PuroRock327 »

Welcome Mohammad,

Wow, what's Syria like?!

Here are suggestions:
1. Lose the fat burner.
2. Find what your daily calorie intake is.
3. From your daily diet, determine how many carbs, protein and fats you consume.

From there we can determine how to adjust your diet to help build strong, lean muscle and lose fat.
I would also recommend staying away from machines and attempt to use as many free weights, with proper form, as possible.
T.P.W.
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by T.P.W. »

Don't lose faith mate! You will lose weight very quickly at the start and this will then begin to taper off as you have less weight to lose.

On top of the advice above, perhaps changing around your gym routine to freshen things up a little rather than just doing the same thing each time.

+1 on using free weights as well. You work a lot of other supporting muscles using free weights, therefore burning more calories as the exercise is more intense. I would suggest as well double or triple setting weight exercises to make it a lot more intense. For example:
Chest Press, 6-8reps 10 second break
Incline Chest Fly, 6-8reps 10 second break
Flat Chest Fly, 6-8reps 2 Min Break, then restart. Do 3 or 4 sets of this. This sort of method can be used for any muscle group, perhaps speak to a personal trainer and they can give you some guidance and advice on a routine for you.

Keep everything fresh and new as possible, a variety of meals so you don't get bored of your diet. Vary your gym routines every 6 weeks or so to keep you entertained at the gym.

Best of luck! :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I agree about the Fat burner. Most are expensive, useless, dangerous or scams and your health comes second to the manufacturers profits, almost always I believe, where Metabolic enhancers, (Fat Burners, Thermogenic Serums and Appetite Suppressants), are concerned.