Adding Cardio To Routine

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

T.P.W.
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Adding Cardio To Routine

Post by T.P.W. »

Hey guys,

I'm looking to add in cardio exercises to weight training. I've got a decent handle on what to do with the weights side, but I'm a proper noob when it comes to cardio as It's been a little while since I've done any proper cardio work.

Couple of questions if you guys can help:

1. Is it better to do cardio on separate days to weight training days, or immediately follow weight training?
2. How much cardio should I do (sessions length & times per week) so that compliments rather than it compromises weight training (ie. help burning fat).

No injuries of any kind so I'm happy to do any type of cardio. current weights regime can be found in the workout journal forum.

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Rich
jesusmagris
STARTING OUT

Re: Adding Cardio To Routine

Post by jesusmagris »

I do cardio every day as well. but in intervals .Wednesdays i dont do any weight training...just strictly cardio... favorites are the elliptical, treadmill and stairmaster
T.P.W.
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by T.P.W. »

Thanks for your responses guys.

Looking into HIIT, it seems to be that you should aim for a 15-20 minute session, so I'm going to start with that. Thinking about it I'm mostly likely going to do cardio sessions on non weight days as weights leave me pretty wiped as it is.
robbdogg30
STARTING OUT

Post by robbdogg30 »

I found that the HIIT routine is tremendous. It has really helped me as far as slimming down. It is the best cardio workout because it increases metabolic rate for a longer period of time compared to jogging at a slow steady pace.