I wanna 'WOW!' them!

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

meghan88
STARTING OUT

I wanna 'WOW!' them!

Post by meghan88 »

Hey guys :)

So glad I stumbled upon this forum! I have a question I hope hasn't been asked too many times before...I searched around and couldn't find answer in the archives.

I'm 22, 5'3 and 125 lb. I started working out with Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" since January 18th, alternating between Levels 1 and 2 until I started running at 4.6 speed / 4.5 incline on the treadmill almost every day since the 26th. I run at that speed at least 5 times a week and considering that before then I was a very unathletic, untoned jellyfish I think I've gotten off to a great start. I have already noticed an improvement in arms and others have commented that I am clearly toning up. The scale now says 127 lb (I think that's muscle that I gained!...I don't look heavier at all) and I know it's only been 2 weeks but I really want to step up workout. I've been depressed since I graduated from college and really want to 'wow' friends when I see them again. I never want to be ashamed of white, untoned arms during the summer or be insecure in own skin ever again. I have found an amazing mood booster in regular exercise and a great way to shed stress for life while working hard to look great, too. It's a win-win and I love it.

I can't drive and there are no gyms within walking distance...what should I do to make sure I tone up those arms, am battling wide thighs and look smokin' in a tanktop and shorts this summer? It'd be great to get down to 110 lb! I think I can safely say I'll do anything!

diet is really good...I enjoy eating healthy and if I slip up it's probably a cookie or two or a piece of chocolate. I'm vegetarian and eat lots of vegetables, nuts, fish, fruits, grains etc. I really like carbs though...how many grams of carbs and how many calories should I be consuming each day?

Thank you :)
and good luck meeting your fitness goals!
-Meghan
Wendy32
STARTING OUT

Re: I wanna 'WOW!' them!

Post by Wendy32 »

U don't have to go to a gym to get a great workout! For upper body u can do regular or triangular pushups--these will hit chest, shoulders, and triceps--!s well as stabilizing the core. There are also push-up jacks---start with feet together up on your hands and when u go down into a pushup your feet jump apart--and continue. U can also do dips off your couch, chair, or a step---to make it tougher raise one leg up off the floor and switch legs for each set. For your legs do high sets of squat with feet together, shoulder width apart, and wide to hit all the different leg muscles. You can do alternating lunges, jump lunges(intense),and walking lunges down a hallway. There are so many things u could do--this is just naming a few.
AFXStyle
STARTING OUT

Post by AFXStyle »

Meghan,

Its great to see you here at the forum. Were going to help you reach your goals.

Running on the treadmil is a great start! I suggest trying to work in some resistance training, whether it be body weight, dumbells, bands or any other weight. Resistance training will help you lose weight faster.

Some body weight exercises you can do are, push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, bridges, planks. A great way to increase your general fitness levels is with GPP. It consist of jumping jacks, shuffle splits, mountain climbers, and burpees- Do each for 30 seconds.

Keep us posted and ask any questions you may have
Yeye
STARTING OUT

Post by Yeye »

No need to go to the gym, here's a good read to try at home
http://healthmad.com/fitness/what-is-th ... t-routine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;