training suggestions

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

lukepanter
STARTING OUT

training suggestions

Post by lukepanter »

Hello everyone I'm new

I would have like starting training for muscle definition ..
I am 31 years .. I weight 79 kg and are about 1,75 m high

I almost never work out long ago .. I long evening walks and swimming and bike then I stopped

I would like a training program .. could you help me? I like sports like swimming and I have opportunity to ride a bike .. mainly because I do not know the gym is a bit 'away (I live in the countryside) I could take some weight at home .. I also recently bought a punching bag that I hope use as soon as possible

Give me lots of advice I need, I would lose those few pounds that I miss the weight (I lost about 20 last year) and then mass and tone but also breath

Help Hello everyone and thanks in advance
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: training suggestions

Post by Boss Man »

Get the basics down then.

You should go with this kind of schedule for the first 4-6 weeks, so the body can adjust to the biomechanics of weight lifting.

A: Each muscle group trained 2x per session, with 1 exercise.

B: Use about 8-10 repetitions.

C: Add in compound exercises, like Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Pressing, Chin ups, Bent over Rows, plus a bit of small muscle work like E-Z Bar Curls if you have one, or Straight Bar Curls if not and Shoulder Presses.

D: Do this 3x a week.

I would incroporate the Cardio in thusly.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Boxing.

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off.

Day 5. Bike

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

Your Weights could look something like this.

Dumbbell Squats. 2 x 8-10

Dumbbell Lunges. 2 x 8-10

Barbell Deadlifts. 2 x 8-10

Dumbbell Bench Presses. You'll need a bench for these. 2 x 8-10

Bent Over Barbell Rows. 2 x 8-10

Shoulder Presses, (Dumbbells). 1 x 8-10

E-Z Bar or Straight Bar Curls. 1 x 8-10

Planks for Abs. 1 minute.

That should get you started.

To begin with, smallest dumbbells you've got on little muscles, next ones up for big muscles.

For Bar based exercises, start with a weight free bar on small muscles, and the smallest amount of added weight for big muscles.

This kind of system should work for you, assuming you can't get to the gym.

We make no promises this will work and you'd be advised to consult some kind of internet resources to check form and movement, as we can't show you how these things are done.