Outdoor Workouts

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

danbinder
STARTING OUT

Outdoor Workouts

Post by danbinder »

Hello All -
Just registered for the forum and looking forward to reading about everyones fitness goals and activities. I have worked out off and on since college (2000) but just now found a new passion for it. I am always looking to read about new programs and what is working for other people. I just recently started to blog about the pursuit of fitness goals as I find it helps to keep me accountable. Today I wrote about the outdoor workout I did on this nice sunny day, very rare in Pittsburgh.

Check it out if you have a minute at http://distinctfitness.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a good day.

-Dan
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Outdoor Workouts

Post by Boss Man »

Nice blog :)

One word of caution would be, that there may not be much chance of you getting people to download that meal template, simply because people would be giving their name and e-mail address, to someone professing not to be qualified and who isn't even posting anything publicly, relating to diet, that would make themselves look knowledgeable in some way.

This may make some people feel uncomfortable about giving their personal information to someone, regarding something they are not providing any credentials for.

You don't necessarily have to be qualified, but having some evidence of knowing what you're talking about, would give some people more belief in what you were trying to do, then if they still choose not to bother, fair enough.

You might be selling yourself short.

One thing you could do instead is download something like PDF Creator, then convert the template to a PDF, upload the file to blogger if possible, or link to it from an internet server and then allow people to download it and also place a link to the Acrobat reader page, incase some people haven't got one.

The file would open in some peoples browsers anyway.
danbinder
STARTING OUT

Post by danbinder »

appreciate the reply. did you really like the blog?

eventually i will be posting about the meal plan that has helped me to lose 17 and 13 lbs the last two times ive used it in conjunction with exercising regularly. as you can see, i only have two posts to date (started yesterday) and will get to the meal plan blog here soon enough.

thanks for the input.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

danbinder wrote:appreciate the reply. did you really like the blog?
I tend not to lie to people on here, or in life in general when at all possible, as it mostly would just engender lack of respect from some people :).

Put it this way, you didn't try to sell things, or espouse stupid rubbish about using pills and pricey detoxes to slim down, or <1,000 calorie a day meal plans full of weight loss shakes or syrupy concoctions, and it wasn't full of cut and paste stuff off medicinenet, Pubmed, Bnet or other credible resources, to falsify your own levels of intelligence.

It will need some work and time to develop, but as a credible resource, it looks like it has more merits than detractions :).
danbinder
STARTING OUT

Post by danbinder »

thanks... not selling anything and the currently debated "meal template" is what i came up with and it is based on a 2k calorie diet. i found what worked for me which was the right foods at the right time to support workouts. ill get into talking about soon enough on the blog but for now just enjoying talking about day to day fitness activites and mostly its just a way to keep me accountable and working hard towards goals.

would be nice to get some readers to, otherwise, what is the fun?

look forward to reading the posts on this site.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good to have you around mate. Anything you can say to help someone, however small it might be, is of greatly appreciated value round here :).