dont know anything about workouts!HELP!!

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

achuthan1988
STARTING OUT

dont know anything about workouts!HELP!!

Post by achuthan1988 »

stats
weight:90.6 kg(199.32 lbs)
height : 175 cm(5'7")
BMI: 29.6
abdominal circumference: 105.7 cm(41.7 inches)
BMR: 1660 kcal
TEE: 2556 kcal
These stats i got it from the physiotherapist at the gym i enrolled for.They recommended i lose 17.2 kg(37.84 lbs)(which is MBF-mass of body fat).The report says that i loose the weight as 0.5 kg/week(1.1 lbs/week).They want me to reduce 550 kcal per day(220 kcal by diet and 330 by exercise)

I have enrolled for aerobics,cardio and weight training(15000 indian rupees or 333.33$ per year
i have opted for 1 hour aerobics (6 pm - 7 pm) and then the regular workout(7 pm - 8 pm)
Is it possible to do 2 hrs workout a day?
What exercises do u recommend for the above mentioned weight loss?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: dont know anything about workouts!HELP!!

Post by Boss Man »

Stick to the basics for now.

Total body stuff, compund exercises, Squats, lunges, Bench presses, Chins, Deadlifts etc etc, those stype of things.

Yes you could do what you're suggesting, but how the Aerobics and related energy expenditure would affect the weights, I can't tell you, so you'd have to judge that for yourself the first 2-3 times you did them and see how you felt two hours later when you finshed both things.
achuthan1988
STARTING OUT

Post by achuthan1988 »

How about treadmill,spin bike and ellipitcal?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

They are fine to replace the Aerobics sometimes if you want to.

Obviously don't workout more than 5 times a week basically, to get good rest, but in respect of a Spin Bike, it can have a tough level of resistance involved, that will possibly affect the weights afterwards in respect of Leg training, so you will have to monitor that and see how it affects your abilty to do lower body work afterwards.

If it's a problem, either cut the level of resistance on the bike, to reduce muscular taxation, or simply substitute it for something else.