What's best for losing fat and getting lean?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

angelzbabe100
STARTING OUT

What's best for losing fat and getting lean?

Post by angelzbabe100 »

So goal is to lose some extra weight and get lean. I am a 23 yr old female and 5'3, 125lbs. I have been injured and sick a lot lately so haven't been able to work out like I used to. In the past I ran 4-5 days (6-12 miles per day) and lifted weights 3 days a week. question becomes, what is best for goal of seeing a good transformation in body (fat loss and muscle definition). I already have a pretty good diet. It's the only thing I have been able to focus on since I only got the okay to exercise over the weekend. I want to keep on running because I love to run. Problem is, I can no longer devote separate days to cardio and weight training like I used to (no time). So should I wake up early (I'm up at like 3-4am, sad huh!), drink a shake or something, lift then immediately do cardio or should I run first thing when I wake up and then do weights after or try to find a few hour window where I can do one or the other then wait then do the other activity after some fuel. I have about from 3AM-12Noon to workout though I have to add in getting ready for work and all that jazz. I'm not sure if there is any science or evidence associated with a particular way vs another. Like eating before cardio, cardio after eating, cardio then weights, weights then cardio, cardio then a few hour rest then weights, weights then a few hours rest and then cardio, etc. What has worked for you? Any advice? I want to maxamize workouts (still do normal 6-12 miles) and see good results in the shortest amount of time.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What's best for losing fat and getting lean?

Post by Boss Man »

Options in order of best to worst.

1. Weights one day, Cardio the next.

2. Weights in the morning, Cardio in the evening.

3. Cardio after weights.

4. Cardio before weights.
exile_9999
STARTING OUT

Post by exile_9999 »

can you explain the order which you gave the answers? thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The explanation was at the top. Best option versus worst. In other words, the first training method is the most ideal one, the last one being good, but least ideal, as sometimes cardio first can affect weights, moreso than weights might affect cardio, so those things are ordered in what would be the best scenario, with the following scenarios each being slightly less desirable than before, (but still good), until you reach the last.

Hopefully that makes sense :).