Fresh Start

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

spawn
STARTING OUT

Fresh Start

Post by spawn »

Hello everyone,

Because of long summer vacation and since we are in Ramadan I couldn't/cannot workout and of course I lost some weight and volume. I want to make a fresh start in September and I have some ideas. I need your comments and help for new start.

Here is info about me;
Height: 181 cm/5' 10"
Weight: 77kg/170 lbs
Aims:
- Bulking up, gaining weight.
- Unfortunately, due to anatomy I have narrow shoulders but I want to make them wider (I am not sure if this is right term) as much as I can.

idea is start with Waterbury Method and continue with Art of Waterbury. I completed WM couple of times before and I always satisfied with results. If you have other suggestions regarding workout programs I am ready to hear them.

Here are some questions:

1- I was doing below program one day in a week for shoulders. Can I combine this program with WM and Art of Waterbury?

A1 Rear Deltoid Cable Lateral Rise 3-0-1 3 x 12
A2 Incline Dumbell Y Reverse Fly (60C) 2-1-1 3 x 10
B1 Standing Low Pulley Deltoid Rise 5-0-0 3 x 6
B2 DB External Rotation 3-0-1 3 x 12
C1 3/4 Dumbell Shoulder Press 2-0-1 3 x 8
C2 Shrugs 2-0-1 3 x 8

2- As upper chest needs some volume is it OK if I do incline bench press in both WM and Art of Waterbury where bench press is written? Actually, I read in an article that there is no big difference between incline and flat bench press for upper chest. Is it correct? (I don't think so but I wanted to ask just to confirm.)

I am planning to take 3000-3400 cal. per day for bulking up. 1000 cal. from proteins (255 gr protein per day), 600 cal. from fat, 1760 cal. from carbs. I know it looks very strict. I will do best. I am working in construction site and we have 3 meals (lots of meat (all kind), veggies, rice, pasta, and many different kind of food). I don't miss meals in a day and I am planning to have 6 meals per day (3 main, 3 snacks). I was using Dymatize ISO 100 and I think I will continue to use it. (28gr protein per scoop). I am also ready to hear suggestions about diet plan.

Note that I am not good with diary products.

Thank you in advance,
Regards and cheers!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fresh Start

Post by Boss Man »

Could you outline your meal plan, e.g. meal choices and times?
spawn
STARTING OUT

Post by spawn »

Boss Man,

meals timings and meal choices will be like following:

Breakfast:
Time: 05:30
Meals: Egg whites (x2), oatmeal, toasted brown bread (x2), honey.

Snack 1:
Time: 10:00
Meals: Fruit (mostly banana), egg whites or brown bread with peanut butter/chocolate&hazelnut cream, some nuts like walnuts or hazelnuts.

Lunch:
Time: 12:00
Meals: I prefer mostly fish and chicken breast along with small amount of rice or pasta or boiled potato and sometimes instead of chicken and fish a big steak. And ofcourse lots of salads and boiled vegetables.

Snack 2:
Time: 16:00 or 17:00
I am thinking about 17:00 or even 17:30 because I go to gym about 18:20. So this snack will be pre-workout nutrition. Meals: Whey protein shake (with water), a bar of chocolate (Snickers maybe).

Snack 3:
Time: 19:00 - 19:30
This will be post-workout nutrition.
Meals: Whey protein shake (with water).

Dinner:
Time: 19:15 - 19:30
I know that no time between post-workout intake and dinner but unfortunately our canteen open until 20:00 and I sleep at 22:00 or 22:30.
Meals: As this is dinner I choose light stuff like grilled fish along with green vegetables, salads, fruits.

As I work in hot environment I drink enough water I think.

I forgot to mention that body type is ectomorph. So I am flexible with getting more calories. I like flexible diet plans.

Cheers
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

spawn wrote:
Breakfast:
Time: 05:30
Meals: Egg whites (x2), oatmeal, toasted brown bread (x2), honey.

(I think you could add another Egg White and maybe a Yolk in there)

Snack 1:
Time: 10:00
Meals: Fruit (mostly banana), egg whites or brown bread with peanut butter/chocolate&hazelnut cream, some nuts like walnuts or hazelnuts.

(This is too big a gap between meal 1 and 2, so I'd have meal 2 around 9:00 instead. Give the Fruit about 10-15 minutes to start digesting before eating the rest of the food. This way you will not impede the fruit digestion too much.)

Lunch:
Time: 12:00
Meals: I prefer mostly fish and chicken breast along with small amount of rice or pasta or boiled potato and sometimes instead of chicken and fish a big steak. And ofcourse lots of salads and boiled vegetables.

(That's fine)

Snack 2:
Time: 16:00 or 17:00
I am thinking about 17:00 or even 17:30 because I go to gym about 18:20. So this snack will be pre-workout nutrition. Meals: Whey protein shake (with water), a bar of chocolate (Snickers maybe).

(Have the snack around 15:00, because otherwise you're having a 4-5 hour meal space which is a little catabolic and a bit counterproductive for muscle growth.)

Snack 3:
Time: 19:00 - 19:30
This will be post-workout nutrition.
Meals: Whey protein shake (with water).

(Have this before your workout, then you have the canteen meal after your workout.)

Dinner:
Time: 19:15 - 19:30
I know that no time between post-workout intake and dinner but unfortunately our canteen open until 20:00 and I sleep at 22:00 or 22:30.
Meals: As this is dinner I choose light stuff like grilled fish along with green vegetables, salads, fruits.

(Seems like a good choice)
spawn
STARTING OUT

Post by spawn »

Thank you Boss Man. Could you please help me with other question regarding workout plan?