BIG PROBLEM

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vipul
STARTING OUT

BIG PROBLEM

Post by vipul »

Hello,

I have been a regular follower of Shapefit.com. I have been working out for a year now and have lost 13 kgs since i joined.
Now, a huge problem is nagging me. Actually, GYm has got all basic euipments but lacks sophisticated machines. Hence, Initially, for chest i started doing cable crossover. I kept doing tht for a while until i realised that left part has got slightly bigger than the right. It happened because the left part of the machince slightly takes more effort than the right due to more friction or sth. Today, i am so much worried when i see uneven chest. I earnestly request you all to please suggest the solution.

Vipul
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: BIG PROBLEM

Post by Boss Man »

Train the Chest with Dumbbell Bench Pressing.

Use slightly more on the weaker side of the Chest. So for instance another 10lbs.

Then the stronger side will either grow a bit, or maintain size, allowing the weaker side to hopefully catch up, because even if the stronger side still grows, you should reduce the growth rate of that Pec versus the weaker one, if you're not hitting it with as much weight, so the weaker one will still catch up if the growth rate exceeds that of the stronger one.

The fact you'd be using a bit more weight on one side wouldn't casue stability problems if you do it right, as the human body is capable of bearing weight on one side, upto a point, without being unstable, or logically even carrying a book would make you fall over.

When the Chest is even again, bench with equal weight on both sides.

Hopefully this all makes sense :).