losing /love handles

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rob84
STARTING OUT

losing /love handles

Post by rob84 »

Hey guys so I've just noticed I've started gaining weight as I can't fit into 32" waist pants/shorts anymore :(

So I wanna be able to fit back in again, I'm 5ft 7 and about 165lbs or so last time I weighed myself couple weeks ago...

The last 2 days I've started riding a bicycle for bout 30-45mins up hills down hills usually when I'm done legs feel like rubber hahahaha.. And I've started cutting back on the amount I eat at lunch and supper, as before I would eat till I felt stuffed so now I only take portions about size of palm, and trying to stay away from butter, and salt on foods

Usually for lunch I'll eat left over supper from night or so before, and suppers are usually rice, chicken breast, cauliflower, broccolli and some cheese suace, or mashed potatoes with green, or yellow beans, or corn, and veggies, roast beef and some carrots, sometimes taco's, or bbq's burgers, or steak, chicken alfredo, typically I'd eat cereal in the morning fruit loops :) haha then lunch left over supper, afternoon snack sometimes, then supper till I'm stuffed lol, and then usually something about 8 or 9 at night before bed I'd have ice cream or something.... I've also cut out the snacks ..

I've been drinking water through out the day rather then milk, or pop, odd time I'll have a glass of milk with supper or so...I've also broke out old weight bench and weights, I've started lifting light stuff with that,

Only thing is now that I'm cutting down on portions I feel hungry A LOT more, should I just be drinking water to fill that hunger feeling ? Or should I have a small snack ??

What you guys think of start so far ??
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: losing /love handles

Post by Boss Man »

I'd keep the food the same as it was. Give yourself 6 meals a day at around 2.5-3 hour spaces and that should be good, to keep your metabolism nice and regular without eating too much 3-4 times a day and possibly getting bloating and stomach cramps and increased fat gain potential from the calories your body couldn't use over a 3-4 hour period.

I'd limit your exercise to around 5 days a week., so you can have a couple of days off, split up in the week for recovery purposes to avoid training 5 days straight.
whyyyjen
STARTING OUT

Post by whyyyjen »

Try juicing! Read more here: http://whyyyjen.tumblr.com/post/2040565 ... ju-cleanse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Buying a juicer would be better than that, as apart from a one time purchase of the device, (until it breaks down of course), plus the bit of energy used to power it, you'd get the same result, which could be cheaper in the long run, than just buying lots of glass bottles of juiced stuff, that create more environmental waste.

You could bulk buy fruits and vegetables to get discounts, or get them with other sale or discount methods and then use your juicer at home.

To me a better solution, however people must bear in mind of course, that jucing may affect the fibre content of what you consume by reducing it, meaning there may be a chance that intestinal transit and bowel movements, become less optimal and this may result in poorer abdominal function and stool quality.

To me that cleanse offers a potentially more expensive alternative to buying a juicer and creates more environmental waste and actually going somewhere to buy fruits and vegetables, could involve a lot of walking which is healthy, as opposed to walking as far as your front door to collect a package full of bottled juices, which would burn less calories.

So that cleanse idea is not a bad one, but compared to shopping for the foods themselves and buying a juicer, I don't rate it as much.