17 AB EXERCISES IN 4 MINS

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitalex
STARTING OUT

17 AB EXERCISES IN 4 MINS

Post by fitalex »

Hi Guys,

This video shows a bunch of creative plank variations that are a great compliment to any workout that includes a core stability component. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrC0Gc-2zc

Alex
losing-it
STARTING OUT

Re: 17 AB EXERCISES IN 4 MINS

Post by losing-it »

just saw your ab workout it's great must give it a try ....just had ab surgrey 4 weeks ago so lets see how it goes ..
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd be cautious of doing a full ab workout, 4 weeks after ab surgery.

I'd suggest you try doing some planks and if you need to, do the variation involving the forarms and Legs, as opposed to forearms and Toes. Do that and see how it starts to feel within the first the 20 seconds.

If nothing in the way of discomfort or pain occurs, you could go for the full workout.

Another possible test would be to raise one Leg up to 90 degrees for a few seconds, lower it and do the same with the other Leg. You would be trying to ascertain if any mild pessure on the lower Rectus and Transverse Abdomini, would trigger any pain or discomfort sensations.

To some exent, even a basic movement like compressing the Abs slightly to get out of bed, or get in or out of a chair, might at present not be yielding any worrysome sensations, but you can't necessarily therefore, assume a good level of direct or indirect Abs manipulation, will be a tolerable or safe thing.

Taking a few conservative touchy-feely counter measures, will ensure you can to some extent, assess what small amounts of Abdominal stress, may feel like, so you don't just assume you're a.o.k and launch into some Abs stuff with detrimental effects.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying :).
losing-it
STARTING OUT

Post by losing-it »

THANKS BOSS MAN ...I WILL TAKE IT EASY! MIND TELLS ME TO GO HARD BUT AB'S TELLS ME SLOW DOWN .....
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Love all the variations! Will def. be adding some of those in workouts. :D
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

Thank you! I I tried this and am feeling the burn! This is a great workout and is gonna help me get rid of some flab!