Startting training for Tough mudder

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AmericanFighter
STARTING OUT

Startting training for Tough mudder

Post by AmericanFighter »

Hello I have found this event that i want to get involved in called Tough mudder. It is supose to be one of the toughest events ever. I want to complete it.
here is their website
http://toughmudder.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and here is a promo telling what a typical obstacle course looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRwSqrfHdQg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am Looking to get involved in one early to mid 2012. Although i am not in bad shape i am a little over weight. I am about 5,10 and am 190 pounds give or take a couple pounds. I want to get in great shape for this event. I probably need to get down around 170 and gain some more muscle mass. However not too much mind you because the course in 12 miles long with around 20 obstacles and and the extra mass would just hurt insurance. I am also a slow runner. mile run is probably around 12:30. The reason for this is because of the martial arts and wrestling history i have feet naturally turn out so when i run feet turn out and make me use more energy than necessary and cause me to be slower.

I was wondering if you guys know of a diet and workout that can get me in shape for the Tough Mudder event ASAP. Also do you know of any exercises to help feet naturally turn back in.

Thanks

AF
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Startting training for Tough mudder

Post by Boss Man »

I don't think you can alter the foot issue, if the martial arts have affected the natural positioning of the feet, unless you had some kind of medicla intervation.

What makes you think the foot alignment increases energy expenditure?

Also what meals do you eat and what times and what sort of workout history have you currently got?