Just Jillian?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

splashangel
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Just Jillian?

Post by splashangel »

I bought A couple of Jillian Michaels workout cd's. I was planning on starting the ab one. It is a six week deal.5-6 days a week.What about working the same muscles everyday. I thought that was a no. And, can I stilll work other body parts that day? Cardio? I'm happy with weight. And I'm not really looking for a visual reward so much. I guess if I have a goal,it would be ,to be healthy and fit while having a bit of fun with it. I use cd's some but they are not just for one thing. On arm day I can put one on for arms but these are diffrent. Thanks for advice.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Just Jillian?

Post by Boss Man »

I would avoid training the same muscles daily.

You have options, depending on the frequency of days however.

If you do 3 days, then you could either do.

A: TBT, work all muscle groups mostly with compound exercises.

B: Do a different split for each day, I.E. Legs / Biceps, Chest / Triceps, Back / Shoulders.

For 4 days you could do

A: Upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body, though not 4 days straight, do two workouts, take a day off then do the other two.

B: A split type system, I.E. Back / Biceps / Shoulders, Legs / Chest / Triceps, doing both workouts twice a week with a day off in the middle as described in the previous four day split system

Or a 5 days split, Legs, Chest, Back, Biceps / Triceps, Shoulders, with a day off after the thrid workout.

Some people keep the Bicep and Tricep ones seperate and do a 6 day split, but I'd advise against that, as it only allows one day of rest per week.

Cardio on the 3 day splits could be kept to twice a week, so you'd do a system a bit like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

On the 4 day upper / lower splits, you can do Cardio after the upper body splits, like Treadmill or exercises bike or jogging, so you're not doing Cardio after Leg workouts, but also not doing Cardio that might work the upper body too much like Rowing machine.

You could add a third cardio day on day 6 or 7, so you're only doing 5 days training a week.

The same goes for the other 4 day split system. Do the Cardio after the two workouts with the Back work in it, same dela with the extra cardio session.

On the 5 days split, you could do 3 days a week of cardio after days 1,3 and 5, but just make sure if you're doing Cardio after Legs days, not to do anything too impacting on the Legs, so exercise bike is ideal as there is little to no loadbearing of your upper body weight on the Legs and minimal usage.

This is all based on you using things like weights as an example, but if you're doing bodyweighted stuff, I'd limit to 5 days a week with a day off on days 4 and 7.

Hopefully that all makes sense.
splashangel
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by splashangel »

O.K. I think I get it and thank you for the reply. Are you saying don't do the cd or are you saying do it on ab day? ( you didn't mention abs?) And if I keep it, it has alot of cardio in it, so should I count that as cardio? I use supreme 90 a pretty good bit. I like the cds because I am still so new to working out that I get really confused on things as simple as reps. I have no one to work out with who knows or doesn't know anything about fitness, so, With the cd's I feel like I kinda have help and can keep looking to see if form is right. :oops: I hope I am making sense.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Abs don't need to be done specifically with the same workout(s).

You could stick to 3 days a week, so on a TBT, you do it with each workout.

4 day split, do it with the first weight session, the third, then the day after the fourth session when you do a Cardio day, after the Cardio.

On a 5 day split, do it on days 1,3 and 5.

What are the nature of the CD's? What is each one supposed to target or do?
splashangel
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by splashangel »

Supreme 90 comes with 10 dvds.Chest, shoulders and tri's. Back and Bi,s,total body,cardio and so forth. I might use the leg cd on leg day or cardio blast instead of treadmill just to liven things up. I like all of them. Sometimes I do 2 that day. They are ment to do everyday(x-cept rest days) for 90 days but I havn't used them like that. Jillians ripped in 30 is for ....Uh....Well, anyways,it's a 3-2-1 interval system.Strength, cardio and abs. I havn't used it, I just bought it because it was affordable and I have heard alot of good about her. Jillians Ab cd has workouts for beginners and you move up after a few weeks to harder. 6 week 6 pack. Again, I'm not so much concerned with the 6 pack thing. But I thought I might try to conform for once and do it like it says. I have a crick in neck so I just did cardio without weights or pressure on it today and turns out I had one of hardest workouts yet just flying by the seat of pants. Heart pumping,sweat pouring ( nausea rising).