workout program.

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mattt347
STARTING OUT

workout program.

Post by Mattt347 »

I'm fairly skinny at 5'7" weighing 145 at the moment with a slightly toned body. current goal is within the next 5 months to hit 160 with the added weight put on being muscle of course.
schedule is a little flexible where I'm able to either hit the gym early in the morning or late at night. but this is current routine and was wondering if there are any changes I should make or any way to make it more efficient, or if i'm leaving out something that might be helpful to add in.

Very simple schedule. I do 2 sets of every exercise.

Day 1: Bench Press, flys, leg press, calf raise, overhead triceps, light cardio, ab exercises (plank, oblique machine, leg pull-in)

Day 2: Curls, Shoulder press, Back Exercise (usually on the machine), shrugs, dips, light cardio, ab exercises (plank, olbique machine, leg pull-in)

Day 3: Rest

And then i repeat this. Not sure if there are any key exercises i should add into workout or if there are any muscles I should be training a little harder. "Light cardio" is usually 1 to 2 miles, or if friends are up for it then some raquetball.

I'm trying to gain some muscle weight, but eating schedule is horrid and the only thing i have done consistently is take protein supplements after working out. Due to work I usually only eat twice a day, breakfast and then dinner a couple hours after work.
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Re: workout program.

Post by jmvane15 »

That's a pretty good routine. I'm sure you've heard it before but your going to want to eat about 4-5 small meals a day; with you only eating 2 meals I'm sure your eating a little bit more. But take a couple small meals to work and when your on a break or something eat them. Your workouts are pretty good though.