cardio or weight

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rontaviv
STARTING OUT

cardio or weight

Post by rontaviv »

Hi:

FOr the upcoming time period, I will only have time for 2 workouts (1 hour each) a week. This means that I guess I will have to choose betwen cardio or anaerobic work. THis is hard for me do decide. WHat do you suggest? Only cardio? Only anaerobic?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: cardio or weight

Post by Boss Man »

Both.

Do a weights workout, for all over the body, then 20-30 minute Cardio on afterwards. I'd suggest you do Exercise bike work, as that will cause the least impact on the muscles in terms of resistance or manipulation.

Just keep properly refreshed.
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

Yeah I think it would be best to have a balance of both. Half hour for each. I think that your body will benefit most from both exercises.
lublinju
STARTING OUT

Post by lublinju »

I think you need to do both. There's a lot of programs out there that combine both. I just found one that's 30 minutes and combines both and the workouts are TOUGH! It's the way to go if you only have a little time.
frednick
STARTING OUT

Post by frednick »

Many times when people talk about weight training they are talking about using machines or free weights. If you're thinking along those lines that's fine but it sounds as if you are a bit short on time and need to work it into your busy schedule so being able to just do your workout wherever and whenever could work well for you. Have you considered doing body weight exercises? These are a great way to get your weight lifting as well as your cardio in and you can ramp it up to whatever intensity that you want. Not only is this a great workout but it's also functional exercise, meaning that it's the most natural thing for your body and makes your body move the way that it was meant to move.