how you like simple workout

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

theandreas
STARTING OUT

how you like simple workout

Post by theandreas »

quick introduction: 47 year old german guy in america. 6foot1, 195lb at the moment, want to come down to around 185lbs.
always been relatively active with mountain biking and hiking. the last couple of years tho, i was slacking on finding time for good physical activity.
a couple month ago, after looking into the mirror for to long, i decided to get back into shape. i already changed diet, not eating too many carbs, sugar and processed food in general anymore.

again, goal is to loose about 10 lbs and getting muscles toned. nothing big, no body building action - just getting toned.

2 weeks ago i started the following workout regime:

1 day i do some exercise as described in the "level 1" of the "gorilla workout" app - and on the other day i do a mild version (half the speed) of the "8 minute abs".
after each workout i prepare a shake with - one scoop of "garden of life raw protein", -1 scoop "navitas cacao powder", - some almond milk and - some plain low fat yogurt (it's yummy by the way).

i think i can already see some effect on muscles (no significant loss of lbs just yet tho).

so whatcha guys thing of routine? should i be able to reach goal within half a year or so if i keep doing this daily?

regards,

andreas
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: how you like simple workout

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not sure what to think as yet, as I ave no knowledge of the 8 minute Abs or Gorilla Workout, so you will have to enlighten me.
theandreas
STARTING OUT

Post by theandreas »

hi.
i don't want to come across as a spammer - so if you want to, look up "8 Min Abs Workout" in youtube and google "gorillaworkoutapp".
these are some basic exercises like "push ups", "sit ups", "squats", "supermans", "bird dogs" etc.
i like these apps because they tell you what to do and you don't need any equipment.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't have an app phone, so I can't download anything like that.

All I can do now is say, stick with what you're doing and see how it pans out for the next 4-6 weeks.