Can someone please help me?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bunnielight
STARTING OUT

Can someone please help me?

Post by Bunnielight »

hi there. I am new on here. I am super desperate to get back into shape. I'm a 21 year old female and I've lost quite a bit of weight over the years. I actually began modelling recently, but in out of state move and the chaos that has happened I got very off track and I'll put it this way, I'm feeling like poop.

I am desperate to find a good work out for myself. I started a small very simple one just to tone up , but I really don't feel like it's enough.

I am about 5'7" 143lbs. I'm a tad lanky and I do have quite a bit of natural muscle already. biggest problem area is stomach and waist. I want it toned and flat and it's simply not. I've learned with body that I don't actually process sugars nearly as fast as most people and metabolism is a bit slow.

I would like to slim and tone up stomach and waist, tone up arms and legs a bit (get rid of that inner thigh cellulite), and plump up butt (no matter what size has been, I've always had a tiny butt).

With this given information, to the experts on here, what is going to be best bet as far as a work out program. I need something structured and set in order to stick to it. Any advice or tips would be sooooo much appreciated. I need a good supportive and critical group of people to help me get on track and feel better.

Thank you!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Can someone please help me?

Post by Boss Man »

I'd focus on the diet for now, as you might be good on the exercise by and large.

What meals do you eat and what times do you eat?
jacal1
STARTING OUT

Post by jacal1 »

I agree with Boss man as far as focusing on weight manaement right now, with some aerobic exercise mixed in (perhaps low impact and long duration). Do not try to spot tone, at least until you are at a weight that is a good match for your height. A quick change I'd make is to eat only whole foods and nothing within 2-3 hours of bed.

site: Fitness and Home Remedies
lublinju
STARTING OUT

Post by lublinju »

I think diet is really important to lose weight, but if you actually want tone and shape to your body, you have to do some weight training. I just found an awesome workout that totally shaped body. It has a diet plan that comes with it that's really easy to follow, too.
frednick
STARTING OUT

Post by frednick »

Sometimes the simplest things work the best. Have you considered going out for a brisk walk 4-5 times per week. After you get going for a few weeks you might take a look at doing some hill walking to rev up your breathing and your heart rate. It's always a good idea to include some type of strength work into your routine and that can be as easy as doing some planks and push ups. If you haven't done any push ups don't worry about how many you can do and start out on your knees. Worry about getting good arm bend and keeping your back as straight as you can. There are many other things that you can add after you get started. One more thing. Going for a nice brisk walk is a great way to relax and blow off the steam of a trying day.
rebounderchic
STARTING OUT

Post by rebounderchic »

HI! I am also new here but I have been using a mini'trampoline (rebounder) for months now and I just love it. Every time your body hits the mat after a bounce every muscle (and cell) contract. I love it because it is so much fun if you like to dance you can just turn on your music and dance for 20 minutes and get off and you are done! If you google rebounder you can find all the benefits using these can give you.

I also eat as much whole foods as I can and drink lots of water and green tea and I feel great everyday.
Did I mention that I have a slight case of CP and I was born with hypothyroidism? With so many challenges I feel like I am so lucky to have found what works for me even at 43 yrs old.
I just love living right now and I attribute it to rebounder and whole food diet.

I hope you find what works for you :D