Need more kick in the morning...HELP!

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rvjason
STARTING OUT

Need more kick in the morning...HELP!

Post by rvjason »

Just getting into the gym and I have a lot of work to do on myself. I have a very busy schedule and can only fit workout time in early AM. I HATE getting up early. I know in time as I get more fit it will be easier, but any sugestions on what I can do for a boost in the morning now? Special breakfast, shake, drink, vitamin.... Thanks for your help.34 yr old 5'8" 260 lb. goal is to loose 60!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need more kick in the morning...HELP!

Post by Boss Man »

What do you currently eat for breakfast, owt or nowt? :wink:

Excuse the British coloqiualisms, I mean anything or nothing?
rvjason
STARTING OUT

Post by rvjason »

cereal, or oatmeal.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You've got some options then.

You can tinker around with the Cereal, by trying different things like Almond Milk, Soya Milk, Rice Milk, Cinnamon, Mocha Powder, Honey, Nuts, ground Ginger, ground Nutmeg, a bit of Yoghurt, a bit of powdered Flax which is good for Omega 3 and 6, so one or more of those added to Cereal or Oatmeal, might be something to experiment with.

You can also add other things to Breakfast, like Ham, Chicken, Eggs, Turkey, or sometimes switch the Cereal for Baked beans on Toast, or have the equivalent of a fried Breakfast, I.E. scrambled Eggs, Toast, Grilled Mushrooms and Tomato or Baked Beans instead of Tomato.

You can also add fruit in there, but give it 10-15 minutes to start digesting first so the rest of the food doesn't impede it too much.

So an example might be some Chicken, an Apple and a small portion of Nuts. Bear in mind that things like Chestnuts, Cashews and Grapenuts have more Carbs in them, than Almonds, Hazelnuts, Macadamias etc, so knowing such things, might help you to make a more preferential choice.

You could also just have a couple of slices of Whole-grain bread with Low Fat Cheese grilled; so a classic Cheese on toast.

Things like Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper could feature with some choices, as could a little diced Parsley sprinkled on, as Parsley is good for B Vits. Obviously common sense prevails with these, in relation to some of things I've listed, unless you like Yoghurt with Salt and Pepper in it, in which case go nuts :wink:

All these options are quick and could be done and ready within around 10 minutes or less.
rvjason
STARTING OUT

Post by rvjason »

Thanks Boss Man. Day three and feeling a bit better already. food cravings are turning to fruits and cheese. Before workout this morning I did 2 eggs scrambled with a bit of turkey and mushrooms, took more time but felt better during cardio this morning.

I wanted to still sleep in this morning but talked myself into working out. I put 50lb of free weights on a rope to remind myself of how much I need to loose, I pick it up or think about how heavy it is and how much better I will feel when it is gone. workouts this week are a bit shallow with only about a half-hour of cardio, then reward myself in the sauna for a few. Next week I will try to integrate the weight training as well. Thank you for your help so far and I will try some of your food choices.

Jason
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep believing in yourself and GOOD LUCK. If you want this enough I am sure you will make it happen. You seem like a good guy and you can be proud of yourself, for trying to give yourself a second chance in life, to be more of the person I think you CAN be physically :).

If you need anything else, or want to lend support to anyone, then Shapefit is here for you :).
losing-it
STARTING OUT

Post by losing-it »

the am is the best time to work out .it hard to start off but you will be surprized in how much energy you will have throught out your day .trust me when i say if i could do it then so can you . i lost over a 100 pounds ..and you are at the best website for any and all the surport you need ..NEVER GIVE UP keep your eye on the prize ...which is your health.:)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

rvjason wrote:I wanted to still sleep in this morning but talked myself into working out. I put 50lb of free weights on a rope to remind myself of how much I need to loose, I pick it up or think about how heavy it is and how much better I will feel when it is gone
That is a great motivating tool! Awesome idea.

Morning workouts are the hardest to get used to, but will eventually get easier. The hardest part is getting that first foot onto the floor, outta bed! :D
You are doing great! Keep working at it! :mrgreen: