P90X Anyone

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Girlwithguns
STARTING OUT

P90X Anyone

Post by Girlwithguns »

Howdy all, I have had the p90x dvds for alittle over a year now and have never completed it. I would get burnt out and then just start going to the gym. How do I keep myself motivated? And is it even worth doing, of should I just stick with the gym? Any advice is appreciated.
lublinju
STARTING OUT

Re: P90X Anyone

Post by lublinju »

I always thought the workouts were too long and moved too slow in P90X, but I still liked it and did it. The Final Cut Workout is awesome because its only 30 minutes and moves quick so you don't have time to think about it. And it totally reshaped body. You can find it at http://www.thefinalcutworkout.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattporters
STARTING OUT

Post by mattporters »

I tried p90x, it was alright but it got pretty repetitive to me and the meal plan guide was really vague. The workouts themselves were challenging but still not what I was hoping.
abenzion
STARTING OUT

Post by abenzion »

@Girlwithguns Here is a great collection of supplies to help you do P90x at home. http://www.pickie.co/collection/everyth ... 0x-at-home If you click on the "related content" link posted by the collection creator at the top there is a Q&A about P90x and other P90x related info. Hope this helps. Best of luck!
sanjeev342
STARTING OUT

Post by sanjeev342 »

girlwithguns,

I think one reason people usually struggle with fitness campaigns is that daily fitness isn't really an internalized concept or habit. Once people get across this barrier, then no program will stand in they way.

I like to think it's kind of like the habit of brushing your teeth; if you don't do it by teh end of the day, it just feels *wrong*. Just like that fitness should be a habit too. Start small everyday, doesn't matter what you do, just as long as you do it. Once this habit is truly internalized (took me about 2-3 weeks), you won't go a day without exercising for the rest of your life.

I think once you're at this point, keeping up with P90X or any other program really won't be an issue.

Let me know what you think.

-sanjeev