Back Into Shape

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

djnito
STARTING OUT

Back Into Shape

Post by djnito »

So I am currently 22, about 5'9" and I weigh about 220. first question would be what would be an ideal weight for me at age? I am currently trying to lose weight and and man boobies I currently have haha. I want to get lean but build muscle at the same time. I have no idea on what type of a workout I should be doing. I go over to friend's house who is a personal trainner for a gym but whenever I am at his house it is on random days and he has specific trainnings for each day and I feel like I am getting no where not being able to get to his house everyday. I am just looking for a full body workout that I can perform. The equipment I currently have at house is two dumbbells with interchangeable weights, and a weight bench with weights.

Thanks for the Help in advance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Back Into Shape

Post by Boss Man »

Basic total body stuff 3 times a week.

This sort of routine might work.

Squats, 2 sets 10 reps.

Lunges, 2 sets 10 reps.

Deadlifts, 2 sets 10 reps.

Dumbell Bench Press, 2 sets 10 reps.

Bent over Dumbell Rows, 2 sets 10 reps.

Dumbell Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps.

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do this every other day, 3 times a week for around 4-6 weeks, to adjust to the biomechanics of weightlifting.

Go as light as possible on everything to start with, but on big muscle groups double what you use, as you'll be able to take that little bit more on bigger muscles.

Let us know how you get on yeah :).
djnito
STARTING OUT

Re: Back Into Shape

Post by djnito »

thanks man