The habit of exercise

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sanjeev342
STARTING OUT

The habit of exercise

Post by sanjeev342 »

All,

Ever since I stopped focusing on getting six pack abs or huge arms, and started focusing on the actual HABIT of exercise, results have skyrocketed. I feel amazing, have more energy, and just in general have a better outlook on life.

I honestly think that when people start exercise, they focus so much on the end result of having a chiseled body that they lose sight of what really matters: the habit. I recommend starting small, very small. Don't be so ambitious and don't worry about what others are doing. Once you have the habit down NOTHING can stop you.

Start by doing 1 set of pushups a day and one set of squats (it literally takes 2 minutes, i do it right before the shower). Forget how many you did, just the fact that you did it is what matters. If you're just starting out or have been working out on and off for a while, this is the best approach.

Remember, exercise and fitness isn't a product, it's a LIFESTYLE.

Cheers,
Sanjeev
Athene
REGULAR

Re: The habit of exercise

Post by Athene »

Good point Sanjeev. It's all about the baby-steps that create a new lifestyle and a happier, healthier person.
jaguars86
STARTING OUT

Post by jaguars86 »

Very true. You'll never achieve that six pack, or any fitness goal really unless exercise becomes a habitual part of your life.
sanjeev342
STARTING OUT

Post by sanjeev342 »

Thanks guys, the first step to a healthy body is a healthy habit! If you're interested, I have a free weekly newsletter (no spam, promise!) that sends out tips on small things that make big differences in fitness...the no B/S way.

http://fitmonkey.simplelander.com/

keep on keeping at it!

-Sanjeev
wtmtraining
STARTING OUT

Post by wtmtraining »

http://www.wtmtraining.com/2012/03/gett ... ising.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this is opinion on exercise habits. Check it out!