LOOKING FOR TOTAL GUIDANCE

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

RyanM5589
STARTING OUT

LOOKING FOR TOTAL GUIDANCE

Post by RyanM5589 »

Hey all,

I'm 22, a law student and lead a very busy life. However, I am still in relatively good shape, I fit in the gym about 3 or 4 times a week and play sports whenever I can.
But, I find self wanting a total program. Something along the lines of a P90X, but without having to pay for it or have a total daily commitment. I want a sound nutritional plan and a rigorous exercise plan.
I currently have a chest/back, tri/bi, leg/shoulders and abs and cardio when I have time type of routine and eat basically whatever is in front of me.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know: Books, articles, info... I know what I'm doing in the gym, but I want a real understanding of what it is I am doing and a nutritional plan along the same lines. Im looking for more of a life style change, so please, feel free to throw anything useful way. Thank you!

RM
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: LOOKING FOR TOTAL GUIDANCE

Post by Boss Man »

What meals you eat and what times do you eat?
RyanM5589
STARTING OUT

Post by RyanM5589 »

Usually breakfast around 8 or 9 in class: bagel + coffee... occassionally ill wake up early and make egg whites with mushrooms and onions
Lunch is usually around noon-oneish: thats a free for all... sandwich usually.
Dinner is usually something meat and that varies from 7-10, depending on work load and if i go to the gym
There is usually a snack somewhere between dinner and lunch but its rarely substantial...

All in all, i'm not over weight at all... just looking to eat the right things for what i want

also, to clarify, im in good shape already and when i go to the gym regularly, i get pretty cut.... but now, i kind of want to sty cut but add mass to it... thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Add snacks inbetween meals with protein in, like Peanuts, Low Fat Cheese, Microwave Beans, Rice or flesh based Soups, Sandwiches, Boiled Eggs, Chicken, Turkey, Ham, Nut Yoghurt, etc.

These sorts of options would make up part or all of a snack, common sense prevailing :).

Go for around another 300-400 calories a day, because any more will increase the amount of calories your body sees as excess, converting them to fat; such fat conversion diminishing, the stronger you get and the more calories you use.

Hopefully that simplifies things :).
zenphitness
STARTING OUT

Post by zenphitness »

Anytime anyone asks me for fitness advice, the first thing I tell them is that nobody knows you better than you do. I just put up an article today about a way you can work out, and if you use the paradigm, you can generate a few good workouts in about 10-15 minutes and have a comprehensive physical fitness plan that you can use for 6+ weeks, and add to it over time. Take a look and see if it helps answer your need for a program: http://zenphitness.blogspot.com/2012/02 ... -made.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is all about MRT, which is currently touted in most circles as the best, most comprehensive way to stay fit and achieve any goals you may have.

http://www.zenphitness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RyanM5589
STARTING OUT

Post by RyanM5589 »

@Boss Man

You say 300-400 calories.... but how many calories should I be consuming for a full day?
I work out about 3-5 times a week, im about 5"10 and weigh somewhere around 170, but BMI is low.
The number I've found is 2230.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Is that caloric number of 2230, a Basal Metabolic Rate, or actual / perceived daily intake?
DavisW
STARTING OUT

Post by DavisW »

HI.
Try this mate this great book.
http://www.total-abs.com/?hop=davisshop
auto28
STARTING OUT

Post by auto28 »

i know the p90x can b expensive but i found this on amazon and it might b able to help your wallet and work out. you should b able to click on it but if not copy and paste it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012J33OS/re ... 5T79P3BNFN&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cali2020
STARTING OUT

Post by cali2020 »

I found this workout to be pretty awsome. It's pretty forgiving for those who have tight schedules like myself. It's far less expensive then p90 and some of the others. http://www.Probody360.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;