Are these enough fullbody exercises ?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

juan92
HIGH FLYER

Are these enough fullbody exercises ?

Post by juan92 »

I like to do fullbody workouts because i feel like i actually worked out whole body. i find 4 fullbody exercises, 1 for legs, and the rest are pussh and pull movements, and add a bodyweight one.

Currently this is what i am doing

Workout A: Deadlift 3x8, DB Bench Press 3x8, Chin Up 3x6, Dips, 3x6

Workout B: Power Clean 3x6, Bent Over DB Row 3x8, Standing DB SHoulder Press 3x8, Inverted Rows 3x8

after i reach an extra rep on the exercise i up the weight by 5lbs, if it's a body exercises i add an extra rep for the next workout session. The weight has been going up =]

Frequency of the workouts in 3xweek, alternating every other day, so M: W-A, W: W-B, F: W-A, next monday W-B, and so on.

On off days i do HIIT, 3xweek aswell, but i think il start doing it 2xweek. WHat i do is i grab a tire, and strap it on with this stretchy chain and sprint for 10 seconds, and rest for 20. I do this for 5 minutes, take a rest and do it again, just twice.

So are these enough exercises, and is the frequency fine?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Are these enough fullbody exercises ?

Post by Boss Man »

That all seems good, although barring the HIIT and the associated effects from Deads on the lower body, I'm not really seeing a lot of Leg work in there, but you'd know yourself if you thought you were proportionate all over or disproportionate all over, especially if perhaps Leg stimulation was less than it used to be on an old system, as the sprint bits on the HIIT, might become a little more difficult over time, when you thought they wouldn't, in which case that would indicate decline of some sort, not progress.

I would agree about cutting the HIIT down to 2 days, to give yourself adequate rest, otherwise you'd be training 6 days straight.

Then with the five days of exercise, you could do 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on 1 off, to avoid 5 days stright of training, so like this.

Day 1. W-A

Day 2. HIIT

Day 3. W-B

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. HIIT

Day 6. W-C

Day 7. Day off

Then each week keep the HIIT on the same days and rotate the 3 weights workouts as you outlined above.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I love the tire sprints! Where do you do them, on the street?
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

no i do them on back yard, i have these stretchy chain things i kept from high school, and just sprint dragging a tire lol, i am always sore the next day from these. it's a small area so the resistance helps with the timing.

i don't like to do them on the street because the surface is hard.
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

Boss Man wrote:That all seems good, although barring the HIIT and the associated effects from Deads on the lower body, I'm not really seeing a lot of Leg work in there, but you'd know yourself if you thought you were proportionate all over or disproportionate all over, especially if perhaps Leg stimulation was less than it used to be on an old system, as the sprint bits on the HIIT, might become a little more difficult over time, when you thought they wouldn't, in which case that would indicate decline of some sort, not progress.

I would agree about cutting the HIIT down to 2 days, to give yourself adequate rest, otherwise you'd be training 6 days straight.

Then with the five days of exercise, you could do 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on 1 off, to avoid 5 days stright of training, so like this.

Day 1. W-A

Day 2. HIIT

Day 3. W-B

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. HIIT

Day 6. W-C

Day 7. Day off

Then each week keep the HIIT on the same days and rotate the 3 weights workouts as you outlined above.
i did squats on the workout from before, and have always included them in workouts,but i cut them off on this workout because i feel legs are kind of big, not that i have anything against it, but that means i would have to by new jeans lol.

thanks for the feedback.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

juan92 wrote:no i do them on back yard, i have these stretchy chain things i kept from high school, and just sprint dragging a tire lol, i am always sore the next day from these. it's a small area so the resistance helps with the timing.
The back yard is even better, that sounds great. I just imagined how I would do it on the balcony of apartment and it was pretty funny lol It would work if I put one bungee cord on the railing, and one on belt loop. Everyone that passed by would get a good laugh!!

Best of luck with your training
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

i took a week off, and i feel great. and i am seeing results =]
i guess i was going a bit overboard on the HIIT