Feed back please on work out

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Poppy_66
STARTING OUT

Feed back please on work out

Post by Poppy_66 »

A little about myself:
60, 5’11”, 200lbs, sedentary for the last 30 years. I joined a gym in August 2011 and changed diet and quit smoking after I suffered a stroke. (I fully recovered from the stroke). I feel great since I started to exercise.

diets consist of multi grain bread, egg whites, peppers, oatmeal, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, salads, tomatoes, pasta and potatoes. “No fast foods”. I normally consume about 2500 calories per bay with 20% from fat, 54% from carbs and 26% from protein. I also take an Isolate Whey Protein shake. I used to a fully body work out 4 times a week but found it a little too much so I changed to targeting separate muscles as shown below.

I work out Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with Tuesday, Friday and Saturday being days off. I do 3 sets of each at 10 reps. I adjust weights (up/down) so that the 9th and 10th reps are a little hard to do. I usually take about a 60-90 second rest between sets.

Day 1 Sunday – Chest and Abs
Incline Bench Dumbell Flyes
Flat Bench Barbell Pullover
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
Abdominal Cable Crunches
Bent Knee Ab Hip Raises
Fingers to Heel Oblique Touchers

Day 2 Monday – Shoulders (deltoids) and Biceps
Two Arm Dumbbell Raises over Head
Seated Shoulder Press-Hammer Machine
Bent over Cable Rear Deltoid Raises
Barbell Curls
Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls

Day 3 Wednesday – Back, Traps and Triceps
Straight Arm Pull down
Dumbbell Shrugs
Bent over Barbell Row
Hyperextensions - Roman Chair
Cable Single Arm Extensions
Flat Bench Dips

Day 4 Friday – Quads, Calfs, Glutes and Hamstrings
Leg Press (Plates)
Seated Calf Raises
Walking Dumbbell Lunges
Seated Leg Curls

When this cycle is over, I start again but use different exercises. I picked out about 80 exercises from your database so in effect it takes me 4 weeks to cycle through all of exercises.

Any feed back would be appreciated
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Feed back please on work out

Post by Boss Man »

The diet seems fine. I'd suggest though you switch the arm day with the back day, because you may fatigue the Arms quite a bit, possibly affecting the Wednesday workout.

I don't see much of an issue with anything else :).