Full body workout without equipment or tools

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Ayjona
STARTING OUT

Full body workout without equipment or tools

Post by Ayjona »

After five months of counting calories, cardio exercises and dropping 22 pounds,I figured it was time for me to, ever so slowly, start working on physical ripp-ness and a general mental ripp-itude :) So, I started scouring (or at least lazily scrounging) the net for good full body workouts (300-full body workout style, though perhaps a mite less hollywoodian ;) ).

I've found a few traditional weight-lifting, gym equipment-based ones that are to satisfaction, but as a journalist, vocalist and musician (and a generally wayward, windswept spirit :) ), I probably spend less than 50% of time close to home and fitness equipment.

So, I'm looking for a rather thorough, extensive full-body workout (or at least one that covers breast musculature, triceps and biceps, abs, lower and higher back, shoulders, legs and that perky tushy of mine) that uses no other weights than own body, and preferably no specialized fitness benches, wall-mounted bars, or any other equipment not commonly found in a traditional home environment. I am fully aware such a workout can never be as effective as a equipment-supported, dumbell- and barbell-endowed full workout routine, but at least it will give me a way to keep up training to some small extent while away from home (possibly natural state of being).

So, what say ye, forumites with both the brains and the brawns to stay fit? ;)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Full body workout without equipment or tools

Post by Boss Man »

Try this.

Squats, 2 sets 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets 10 reps

Romanian Deadlifts, 2 sets 10 reps

Reverse Pec Deck, sitting in a chair, 2 sets 10 reps

Press Ups, 2 sets 10 reps

Planks 60 seconds.
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Re: Full body workout without equipment or tools

Post by juan92 »

push ups, lunges, lunge hold, squat against the wall and hold that position, wrap a towel on a door knob and pull urself, jack knife push ups, knee tucks, spread your arms and legs and hold while on the ground, burpees, shadowboxing. those are some exercises that i can think of right now. you could also try resistance bands.