Workout - Need help

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bob1337
STARTING OUT

Workout - Need help

Post by Bob1337 »

Hello, im 16 years old, i have several problems with body. Im very skinny and weak so i want to improve body look, what exercises you can recommend for me ( home version exercises) ? Thanks very much! :wave: :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Workout - Need help

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Bob, good to talk with you.

Do you have any equipment at home or are you looking for a body weighted regime?
Bob1337
STARTING OUT

Post by Bob1337 »

I have pair of dumbbells ( 12kg ) and one weight (1okg)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Is there any scope to increase what you have to use, by purchasing more, as those two dumbbells and that weight alone wouldn't be much use except for training your legs, as I wouldn't want to use the heavier things on the upper body, because it would be too much too soon.

So we could stick with a body weighted workout, unless that is more weight could be purchased :).
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Hello! What is your diet like?
Bob1337
STARTING OUT

Post by Bob1337 »

Okay, i would like to start with body weighted workout at home , i dont have diet but i dont eat to much, if you can give me diet advice, Thanks so much!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This sort of thing should work for you and it only requires your body weight.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

As for the diet, what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Bob1337
STARTING OUT

Post by Bob1337 »

i dont have regular meals that is big problem i guess, usually i eat 3 times per day, how much time one training should last? in morning i eat 2 eggs and for dinner often meat or bean depends. Also im very skinny about 45kg and i dont drink milk :shock:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This diet plan I've posted before might be of some use to you.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and 1 rasher of Bacon, fat trimmed off and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

Minor adjustments can be made if necessary.

As for the question about training, the training should take as long as it needs to, but it shouldn't take longer than about 40 minutes every time.
Bob1337
STARTING OUT

Post by Bob1337 »

I had leg injury :/ :twisted: :twisted: When i recover i will start with this! After how many weeks i will see first changes at body? :clap: :wave: :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Depnding on what sort of leg injury, then there's no reason why you can't train the upper body.

You might even be able to train the lower body too, as providing you can a full range of motion with the legs, you could train anyway, however if you're on crutches with a broken leg, then obviously not, because you'll be doing body weighted stuff.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Bob1337 wrote:I had leg injury :/ :twisted: :twisted: When i recover i will start with this! After how many weeks i will see first changes at body? :clap: :wave: :D

Good luck with your injury and recovery. Let us know how this program works for you.
toddhicks209
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by toddhicks209 »

In addition to working out with dumbbells three times a week, do a full body isometrics workout. Pull on something sturdy with your hands and feet or interlock your fingers and toes then pull for a few seconds. Wrap your arms around your legs then pull. Push both feet against the other then push your hands against all parts of your body. Push your chest and stomach against your thighs then push your back and buttocks against something.
olyviamcintire
STARTING OUT

Post by olyviamcintire »

Hi there. If you are looking for some great cardio programs I suggest you try out thecardioboss APP! This app is great way to get that cardio in! It makes it so much easier and I really recommend it for someone who is really into working out or even for someone who wants to start! Great for beginners and for anyone who is looking for a challenge. It comes with 10 cardio workouts!
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

Bob1337 wrote:I had leg injury :/ :twisted: :twisted: When i recover i will start with this! After how many weeks i will see first changes at body? :clap: :wave: :D
Hi Bob sorry to hear about your leg injury I hope this it is healing well and won't be too much of an issue for long. This would be for when you get better and feel up to the task. Have you heard about 21 Day - http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitnes ... o?e=403715 It comes with a meal plan that could help you eat better and get fit at the same time. The workouts are great and it makes getting started or getting back into fitness easier. I hope this helps