Losing body fat

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

GetBigFitness
STARTING OUT

Losing body fat

Post by GetBigFitness »

What are your thoughts on doing cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach? Is it effective, is it healthy? :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Losing body fat

Post by Boss Man »

No it's not a good idea and it has been linked to dizzy spells.

You don't need to do it to lose weight anyway, as it is not some magic bullet thing that means you can eventually lose all the weight you're aiming for, whilst everyone else who doesn't do it struggles with the last 20%.
GetBigFitness
STARTING OUT

Post by GetBigFitness »

Yeah, but the thing is when you are hungry and out there doing your cardio your body as a source of energy starts burning the fat because there are no calories in your body and it's extremely effective. At least that's what people say.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

However you could risk burning muscle.

Also look at it this way. You do blood sugar lowering exercise when your blood sugar is already lowered from sleeping. Doesn't sound like an altogether great recipe for success.

There have been people on here in the past not advocating fasted cardio, not just me and as for the dizzy spells I mentioned an old member who trained people posted that, because they had witnessed it first hand with clients they tried it with.

Also one or more people one here, have tried it and said they don't have the energy to get through workouts properly, which makes perfect sense, as you're relying on the natural energy sources in the body like muscle glucose and phosphates for energy, rather than extra energy from food and / or liquids and as I said it's not a magic bullet to get you that last bit of weight loss you simply can't get any other way, as you can get that last 10%-20% of weight loss without ever need fasted cardio.

So for me if I was trying to lose weight, which I'm not and never have had to, I wouldn't do something that might potentially cause me to have higher fatigue, lower performance workouts with a risk of dizziness and in one reported case, mentioned by another user on here a few years ago, a seizure. I'd just do what would seem less risky, to get the extra bit of weight loss.

However I admit I cannot actually reference anything relating fasted cardio to seizures, so the other person mentioning it, might have being referencing a one off incident that is rare.
Cassandraus
STARTING OUT

Post by Cassandraus »

Hi to all :wave:
First of all NO! Cardio in the morning is probably the most stupid idea I have ever heard. This inst just opinion but the most knowledgeable trainers and exercise experts agree that cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is not good for your body.
As i know that cardio exercise is a necessary part of any training routine whether it is a bodybuilding, strength training, sports training or most clearly a running workout schedule. It raises our endurance levels & also prevent through all sorts of heart problems and diseases.
There is no set time where you make the best gains to do cardio. It ranges for everyone because everyone's body is different.So basically the best time for you to do your cardio exercise is when you feel it is the best time to do it, and stick to that time.

I think you'll get your answer , if you want to know the exact schedule then let me know i'll tell as clearly as possible
Have a Nice Day :)