Workout Plan for 16 Year Old Aspiring Fighter?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jpjennings34
STARTING OUT

Workout Plan for 16 Year Old Aspiring Fighter?

Post by jpjennings34 »

Hi, call me JJ. I am a 16 year old American who is very hungry to get bigger, stronger, faster, and make a name for myself. I am a multi-sport athlete and I run track as a side while main sports are football and basketball. I am not trying to be cocky just trying to give as many details as possible, I consider myself in very healthy and already in great athletic shape considering I am very quick and power. All life I have been playing at the top level of all sports, until in the past year many personal things happened in life like house being vandalized, going through a very rough break up, being bullied, and losing a loved one all trapped me in a box of depression that I now am finally getting back into the swing of things and I am hungry to get back to where I was with new passion that is boxing. I started doing Thai boxing in 7th grade and after a year it got me in fantastic shape but other sports were too time consuming so I quit but I still have gloves and bag. depression has lessened physical condition, made me miss tryouts for basketball, and made me lose tons of friends, but most importantly I lost drive and motivation. If there is one thing that makes me special it is how driven I am when I want something, and I want to be the best. I want to prove everyone who doubted me wrong and I want to prove to parents, old friends, enemies, and most importantly myself that I am plenty capable of doing anything. I recently fell in love with boxing and have been working out before school, after school, and then at night and have been constantly pushing myself to limits then beyond those and given how much dedication I am displaying I wanted to post on these forums because I am not expert on fitness plans and stuff like that. I was wondering if any of the cool people on this website help me out with how I can utilize time to be as efficient as possible and see gains soon? Take a normal kid then times that by 5 then double it and there is limit and how hard I am willing to work and once I am successful I hope to look back at this and be proud of myself. I will list attributes below and hopefully someone could help me out to make a schedule and recommend drills, diets, supplements, techniques, work outs, and everything else I need to achieve goals.

Attributes

6"3
160 Lbs.
4.75 40 Yrd Dash
24" Vertical
16 Years Old
Sophomore
Insanely Long Wingspan and Long Reach

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me on way to the top! I promise I am not meaning to be arrogant, cocky, or anything I just speak like this because I do believe in myself. I am able to workout 3 times a day and I do not have limits so whatever is the hardest thing you can throw at me to make myself the best fighter possible let me know!

- JJ
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Workout Plan for 16 Year Old Aspiring Fighter?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi JJ, good to speak to you.

Firstly, I did not think you were being arrogant, because to talk about your personal problems in such a heartfelt way is not the sign of an arrogant person, unless they have achieved things and turn their past into a chance to kiss their own butt, because a negative past and success can induce humbleness or arrogance and I don't think you are arrogant and I think you should be proud of opening up about your difficulties, because obviously this stuff was a lot to take on when you're the kind of age you are and even more so than if you were 10 years older and a bit more mature in your ability to deal with it.

Secondly, what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?

I would suggest that you were to do some boxing training in the morning and then follow that up with a run.

I would suggest that in the evening, you do a TBT system of weights focusing mainly on compound movements like deadlifts, bench press, squats etc, 2 set of 10 on each exercise. I have one I normally post if you want it.

This way round of doing things would be better than hitting the weights and the running and boxing with slightly mullered muscles and you'll be getting approximately 10-12 hours of rest between an evening weights workout and a train and run session the following morning.

Right now you don't need any specific supplements, other than things like vit C or multivits for example, but sports type supplements aren't necessary at the moment, until your diet and training have had a few months to kick in and start producing results.