Best program for fat loss and strength gain/maintenance?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Tweety91
STARTING OUT

Best program for fat loss and strength gain/maintenance?

Post by Tweety91 »

So I'm a skinnyfat guy, and I have been on the 5x5 stronglifts program for about 4 months. I made some good gains, but then I decided I wanted to start shedding fat because I am tired of the skinnyfat look. I began carb cycling almost a month ago as I have seen it is one of the better diets for fat loss. It's been a month and I have not seen any results. I have lost some good strength but I think that comes naturally with the calorie deficit that I am on.

I decided last night that the stronglifts 5x5 program is not enough for me to be burning fat. (I know it's a strength program I was just hoping for the best with it). So I was wanting to know: what is a good workout program/guide to follow in order to FIRST lost/burn fat and maintain the strength that I have or maybe even build on it?

I'm looking for a program/guide that incorporates heavy lifts (such as squats, deadlift, etc.) with HIIT. main goal is to lose fat and get to about 10% body fat and then begin building muscle.

I'm really tired of the way I look. I train hard but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

163ibs. 5'10. 20yrs old. BFP: 18%
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Best program for fat loss and strength gain/maintenance?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Tweety, good to talk to you.

This might work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30-45 seconds

This can be done every 3 days

You can combine this with HIIT, which might look like this during the week.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. HIIT

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. HIIT

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off
Krush_Fitness
STARTING OUT

Re: Best program for fat loss and strength gain/maintenance?

Post by Krush_Fitness »

If you goal is to maintain strength and and lose fat at the same time I would consider putting yourself on a small caloric deficit. Maybe 15%.

Then I would make sure you are nit training with tons of volume. The key to strength is getting lots of rest, so maybe 3 or 4 lift days per week. Then on rest days I would use cardio.

No need for these fancy diet programs. Just stick to a caloric deficit with a macro profile similar to 40% protein 30% carbs and 30% fats and you will be golden.

Cheers,

Preston

Owner of http://krushfitness.net/