weak and skinny - how to start?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

bazelena
STARTING OUT

weak and skinny - how to start?

Post by bazelena »

I haven't been doing any sport in quite a while. I'm really skinny (49 kg, 167 cm) and really weak (very little muscle mass). I am also very little flexible (can't even reach the ground with fingers). I think that I should start slowly so that it's not that big of a shock for body. However I'm scared that I will lose weight. How should I start and what should I do? Last time I worked out it didn't have that many results I almost didn't gain any muscles (I did about 3-5 sets of 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 squats every day for about 1 or 2 months). I really want to do something with myself, I see how body is getting weaker and weaker, I have scoliosis so that doesn't help either. I also don't have much time...
btw I'm a girl if it makes any difference
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: weak and skinny - how to start?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Bazelena, good to talk to you.

Can you access a gym or would you be wanting to train at home and if so, have you nay equipment or would you be willing to purchase some?

Scoliosis as I believe is a lateral curvature of the spine, so how much does your spine bend to the right or left and what sort of movements cause you negative sensations?
bazelena
STARTING OUT

Post by bazelena »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Bazelena, good to talk to you.

Can you access a gym or would you be wanting to train at home and if so, have you nay equipment or would you be willing to purchase some?

Scoliosis as I believe is a lateral curvature of the spine, so how much does your spine bend to the right or left and what sort of movements cause you negative sensations?
Hi! Thanks for the answer. I don't really have much time so I would like to work out at home (too much work for school :? ). I don't have much at home, only a bar (the thing for pull ups, i'm not sure what it's called in English) and then two roughly 4 pound (each) dumbbells. I don't really have money to buy stuff like that and I doubt parents would pay for it.

spine is bent to the left about 20 degrees, I have a little trouble turning corpse to the left when keeping pelvis in the same position. doctor said that I shouldn't jump too much (and run long distance runs, however I don't know if all doctors would agree to that).

As I said befor I am really weak, I can't do even one push-up so I have no idea how to start... :/
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This should work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical flyes, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 - 45 seconds

You increase the planks by 5 seconds a week until you can do around 90 seconds

You do this 3 times a week every other day

You can use the dumbbells for this, but if you feel any issues with the back in particular, we can try and work something out for you :).