Can someone come up with a weight gain plan for me?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jwfpro
STARTING OUT

Can someone come up with a weight gain plan for me?

Post by jwfpro »

Hello! I am an 18 year old and have about 4 months of free time coming up and would like to partially spend them gaining weight! I am very skinny (6'3, 147 lbs.) and would like to get to about 160-165 by the end of the summer (tell me if this is an unrealistic goal!). I have little to no exercise experience and would prefer a workout plan that does not involve going to the gym. I am willing to purchase any equipment you deem necessary.

I would like a workout program that I should follow over these next few months to reach goal along with some nutrition tips. Thanks for your time! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Can someone come up with a weight gain plan for me?

Post by Boss Man »

If you are looking to purchase your own equipment to train at home, then this simple list is one to consider working from.

I've posted this a few times before.

1x 10kg, (22lb), free bar

2x 2kg, (4.4lb), mini bars

4x locking collars

2x 10kg, (22lb), weight discs

4x 5kg, (11lb), weight discs

4x 2kg or 2.5kg, (4.4lb or 5.5lb, depending on the manufacturer), weight discs

4 x 1kg or 1.25kg, (2.2lb or 2.75lb, depending on the manufacturer), weight discs

4x 0.5kg, (1.1lb), weight discs, (optional if you have difficulty finding a seller for them, or feel you can do without them).

A weight lifting bench preferably with risers to keep the bar on and an inclining back rest.

A squat rack, though if this represented too much of a cost issue, or you don't have the space for it, there are alternatives to barbell squatting, so it wouldn't be a must have, but a very beneficial thing.

Other optional things include two rubber tubes, a medicine ball and a swiss ball

This workout should work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 - 45 seconds

You increase the planks by 5 seconds a week until you can do around 90 seconds

You do this 3 times a week every other day

Use small bars with 2.5kg weights on dumbbells on squats, lunges, Deadlifts and bent over rows and ones with 1.25kg weights on for the other stuff except planks, then increase your weight every 1-2 weeks, until you're going to about 95% of failure for reps, then increase your weight based on how much stronger you get, beyond the acclimatisation period.

In a few weeks you'll be ready to use your barbell with no weight on it for some things.

As for the diet what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?