What do you guys think about workout routine?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Malek34033
STARTING OUT

What do you guys think about workout routine?

Post by Malek34033 »

Hey brothers and sisters! I'm from singapore. I have created a general workout routine for myself to improve not only physic but also capabilities as a human being. This is a basic alternate week by week routine. So the first week I will be doing a high intensity cardio and light weight strength training workout everyday except for one day which is rest day. The exercises can just be change depending on liking. Then the next week I'll be doing low intensity cardio andheavy weight training everyday which includes a rest day as well. And then I will keep alternating the workout by week. So what do u guys think?

I love to do movement trainings such as balance workout, gonna try improving flexibility soon, and do agility trainings. I try to add all these other than the workout program above and also play sports when I have time. I know workout training is very vague or general but I love being unpredictable with workout and not plan it strictly as long as it follows this criteria because I love what I'm doing and also because I got a full time job to commit to. I ain't a commited athlete or something.

I love working out but also wanting to know if this training program is great or is it stalling or bad for the body? main purpose in the training is to be big and lean and at the same time be functional too. What can I do to improve or change? And I know everyone's body are different but generally according to u people's experience what do u guys think?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What do you guys think about workout routine?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Malek, good to talk to you.

It's difficult to know what to say about what you said as it does sound vague and it is not described in any structure like what days you will train, how much cardio each time, how long, what exercises, reps, sets etc.

You will have to do light cardio anyway to adjust initially for a few weeks, increasing the intensity a little very week, but I'd start out with something like low level interval, but if you do it directly after a weights workout then stick to exercise bike so you're not doing too much on the legs, as you'd be wise, at least to begin with, of having days where you train everything and then after a few weeks of adjustment you could switch to a split system if you like, or stick with a version of the original system.

Any weights you use should by fairly light to start with, but after 6 weeks you should be hitting around 95% of failure and adding a little bit more weight every 1-2 weeks.