Need some help

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Crose16
STARTING OUT

Need some help

Post by Crose16 »

Hi everybody,

I need some help. I've always been skinny, but I've always had chub in tummy. I started a new job 6 months ago and I walk about 6 miles per night. And because I was dumb and didn't realize how many calories I was burning from that I lost a lot of weight. I went from 125 to 111. Normally I would have been happy but I didn't want to lose that much weight and the only place I actually lost fat was from bust. I'm just confused, I know to lose chubby stomach I have to lose more weight, but I feel like if lose more weight it would become more unhealthy. If I lose 4 more pounds I would be considered underweight. Should I do strength training, should I do cardio? I'm sorry if this all sounds dumb, I've never really been someone who wanted to workout. I've been so motivated lately, but all this is making me unmotivated. I've I inserted a picture of stomach below.Image
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need some help

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there Crose, good to speak to you.

Firstly I will politely decline the apology as I don't think it was necessary. You're not being dumb for not understanding what you should do in a situation where you're a little confused about things. I assume by your username you're not that old so it's understandable that your body has gone through some change and it's not easy to know what to do.

I want you to know that you should be proud of trying to change your life in this way and I'm proud of you as well and many people of a young age go down the wrong path in life and disrespect their own bodies, but you're respecting yours by trying to treat it properly, so don't feel dumb and don't feel silly or confused, feel proud of yourself and celebrate your efforts, because if you stick to this it will mean something for the rest of your life :).

Firstly I'd like to ask whether you have access to a gym or would you want to train mainly at home and if so could you purchase any equipment or have it purchased for you?

Secondly, are you happy with your diet or would you like it looked over, because if you do, please post the times you eat at and the foods you eat at those times.

:)
Crose16
STARTING OUT

Post by Crose16 »

Boss Man wrote:Hi there Crose, good to speak to you.

Firstly I will politely decline the apology as I don't think it was necessary. You're not being dumb for not understanding what you should do in a situation where you're a little confused about things. I assume by your username you're not that old so it's understandable that your body has gone through some change and it's not easy to know what to do.

I want you to know that you should be proud of trying to change your life in this way and I'm proud of you as well and many people of a young age go down the wrong path in life and disrespect their own bodies, but you're respecting yours by trying to treat it properly, so don't feel dumb and don't feel silly or confused, feel proud of yourself and celebrate your efforts, because if you stick to this it will mean something for the rest of your life :).

Firstly I'd like to ask whether you have access to a gym or would you want to train mainly at home and if so could you purchase any equipment or have it purchased for you?

Secondly, are you happy with your diet or would you like it looked over, because if you do, please post the times you eat at and the foods you eat at those times.

:)
H!
Thank you, that's very nice!
I would like to train at home for now at least. Being in a gym with a lot of people would make me anxious, especially since I don't know what I'm doing. I have some Dumbbells righ now. dad has some more weights that he has to dig out, once he does that I should be able to borrow them.

I will admit eating habits aren't the best. But they have improved so much. I will admit I eat a lot of carbs...

Every morning I'll have a egg sandwich with some Canadian bacon on the side. At lunch, if I work out I have a protein shake with oats and fruit in it. Sometimes with a side of Greek yogurt. If I don't work out I'll have Greek yogurt with granola with a banana on the side and a glass of milk. Then I got to work and I snack on trail mix, cheese and crackers, grapes or a bananas. For dinner it's depends. A lot of the nights I have a chicken breast with a side of rice and veggies. On Mondays I have a lean cuisine because I work two jobs that day so I don't have time to make a meal. I might have pasta one night, depends. You might notice I don't mention a lot of veggies and that's because I'm trying to work on incorporating veggies into diet. I've never been a fan. I'm a picky eater. But I've been getting better. Right now I'm working on getting myself to like carrots. I like broccoli so some days I'll have that. I know it needs work, but I've come very far with eating.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Crose16 wrote:
H!
Thank you, that's very nice!
I would like to train at home for now at least. Being in a gym with a lot of people would make me anxious, especially since I don't know what I'm doing. I have some Dumbbells righ now. dad has some more weights that he has to dig out, once he does that I should be able to borrow them.

(What sort of stuff does he have other than some dumbbells and how heavy can you go up to. If you can give me a rough idea, I can give you a workout system to be going on with.)

I will admit eating habits aren't the best. But they have improved so much. I will admit I eat a lot of carbs...

Every morning I'll have a egg sandwich with some Canadian bacon on the side.

(That is not bad, so you could keep that and maybe add a bit of fruit in there like a tangerine for example)

At lunch, if I work out I have a protein shake with oats and fruit in it. Sometimes with a side of Greek yogurt. If I don't work out I'll have Greek yogurt with granola with a banana on the side and a glass of milk.

(The shake is a good idea for after workouts and if you're not working out, the granola and yoghurt is a decent idea. you could have nut yoghurt as well instead of plain and mix in some fruit and ignore the milk, as you won't need a tonne of dairy.)

Then I got to work and I snack on trail mix, cheese and crackers, grapes or a bananas.

(I would keep the trail mix and have a banana with it, so you've got a good mix of protein, carbs and fats, but don't go too heavy on the trail mix, so you only need about 1Oz.)

For dinner it's depends. A lot of the nights I have a chicken breast with a side of rice and veggies. On Mondays I have a lean cuisine because I work two jobs that day so I don't have time to make a meal. I might have pasta one night, depends.

(The chicken rice and Veggies is a good choice, as is the pasta option, as you mix things with pasta like tomatoes, mushrooms and legumes, all in the same meal.)