Workout plan?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JMT
STARTING OUT

Workout plan?

Post by JMT »

Hi All

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right forum :)

Age - 24 years old
-
Height - 175 cm or 5 ft 10
Weight - 75 kg or 165 pounds
BMI - 24.3 (accuracy may vary)

Goal - To successfully be able to complete the preparation commando training program.
Time - 12 - 18 months before applying through direct enlistment (not currently serving).

So basically I'm after a training program that is going to assist me in being ready for direct enlistment. I use to play representative sport through high school but haven't seriously trained for about 6-7 years now (since finishing year 12). As you can imagine body is fairly out of shape and at the bottom of this post I'll add a link to the training program that was designed by Commando instructors as a guide for the strenuous physical demand they will put applicants through.

At the moment until I'm at a level that I can use the guide to train myself I'm after a no equipment routine but eventually will get myself joined to a gym as in opinion and open for advice here, if I'm going to have the best chance to successfully complete their course strongest advantage will be training exactly the way they do - There's no point being able to run 3.2km in record time with no weight on back, then have 15kg loaded onto me and crumble under the weight.

The physical demand and endurance successful applicants have are probably all I can control to a degree, the mental test they put everyone through can only be decided once being through it. So goal is in 12 - 18 months time be as physically ready as I can be.

I probably want to point out the flexibility required which a lot of work out plans (I've googled) don't effectively explain, so again very open for advice here. As they will put long stress on the body if I'm not flexible injury will become inevitable.

If I've left anything out please let me know.

http://2commando.gov.au/careers/prepara ... d-training" target="_blank - You can view this by clicking download (it won't actually download).

Regards
JMT
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Workout plan?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi JMT, good to talk to you.

This should work for you, if you're looking for a no weight workout.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Vertical flyes, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks, 30 - 45 seconds

You increase the planks by 5 seconds a week until you can do around 90 seconds

You do this 3 times a week every other day