Workout Critique needed

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Workout Critique needed

Post by ballas38 »

I'm finishing the TBT next week and i would like to know if a routine like the following would be good to follow:

1st workout:
10x3 deadlift, 5x5 inverted rows 4x6 dips , 3x8 chinups 3x8 sh.press, 3x10 lunges

2nd:
10x3 squat, 5x5 chest sup.rows 4x6 incline bench press, 4x6 pullup variation 4x6 sh.press variation, 3x10 rom.deadlift

3rd: 10x3 db press , 4x6 sumo deads 4x6 squat variation, 5x5 pulldown variation 5x5 shoulder press variation, 3x10 bentover rows.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you don't need to do everything 3 times a week and you shouldn't..

day 1
deads 10 x 3
db row / dips 4 x 6
lunges 3 x 8
inverted rows / oh press 3 x 12

day 2
chins 10 x 3
bent row / single arm shoulder press 4 x 6
hard push up variation / static lunge 3 x 12

day 3
front squat 10 x 3
reverse lunge / pull ups 4 x 6
db press / chest supported row 3 x 8

add 1 core and 1 conditioning exercise at the end and off you do
ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ballas38 »

swanso5 wrote:you don't need to do everything 3 times a week and you shouldn't..

day 1
deads 10 x 3
db row / dips 4 x 6
lunges 3 x 8
inverted rows / oh press 3 x 12

(do you mean shoulder press?)

day 2
chins 10 x 3
bent row / single arm shoulder press 4 x 6
hard push up variation / static lunge 3 x 12

(where can i find some pushup variations apart from the 3-4 basics i know?)

day 3
front squat 10 x 3
reverse lunge / pull ups 4 x 6
db press / chest supported row 3 x 8

add 1 core and 1 conditioning exercise at the end and off you do

(core exercises would be: prone braces (straigth or side), pelvic tilts, leg raises)
(conditioning exercises would be: ????)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- yes shoulder press
- try diamond push ups, tiger bend push ups and/or bodyweight tricep extentions
- yes stabilisation core exercises such as prone braces etc...something anti rotation
- for consitioning exercises go to "real fat real fast' by alwyn cosgrove/chad waterbury and do any of those listed in the article 3 x 15
ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ballas38 »

This happens to me sometimes when i workout in the morning, it has never happened when i used to train late in the evening.

After 35-40 mins. , especially after lunges, i might feel completely out of energy, struggling to complete the last sets. Note that i go to the gym straight after breakfast. Does this mean i should eat more during breakfast? i currently have a bowl full of oatmeal + milk , 2 apples or something similar.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

maybe wait a bit longer before training...some client's have this problem with lunges, maybe a vertigo type kind of thing
ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ballas38 »

Yes, it is something like a vertigo.

I have also experienced it if i go to the gym 2 hours later....so i will experiment and see what happens.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep the apples seperate from the Oatmeal, about 10-15 minutes should do for better digestion, and also only have 1.

Your Carbs are probably too high. You're getting 38g Approx from Apples, and a lot of Carbs from Oatmeal and Milk combined.

Glycemic Load can be higher than usual first thing, owing to lower Bloodsugar but you're likely getting a bigger one than you need. You don't need to create an almost sky high bloodsugar response, then by workng out, create the counteractive effect, as exercise is a bloodsugar reduction factor.

So cut one of the Apples out, and have more Protein potentially. Just add about 3 Scrambled Egg Whites in, which should do it, so you're getting some compensaton for part of the Carbs Calories you're cutting.

I would allow also, a bit of time for extra digestion if possible, before training. Just give yourself another 20 minutes before you go if possible, and try the slight modifications to Breakfast, and see how that pans out for a couple of weeks.
ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ballas38 »

As of the last 20 days, i have started again to have a detailed strict plan and try to workout every other day. Not only have i gained mass in no time but soccer performance has increased as well.
There are no questions so far, i just wanted to share how happy i am because of the help i found in this forum. :D

P.S: Whoever wonders what happened before those 20 days, summer happened, here is Greece, which means beaches, clubbing and everything :lol: