How is workout plan? :)

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Kanda
STARTING OUT

How is workout plan? :)

Post by Kanda »

Hey everyone,
I'm new and have worked out in the past but never stuck to it. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs roughly. (I'm young female)

Currently I work out 4x a week (about every other day)

I switch it up... one day I will do upper body -
Chest Press Machine - 3 reps of 10 - 50 lbs
Pulldown Machine - 3 reps of 10 - 50 lbs
Row Machine - 3 reps of 10 - 50 lbs
Abdominal Machine - 3 reps of 10 - 85 lbs
Torso Rotation - 2 reps of 10 for each side - 35 lbs
Arm Curl - 3 reps of 10 - 20 lbs
Lever Back Extension(machine) - 3 reps of 10 - 70 lbs (maybe a little more?)
Weighted Back Extension on Chair - 3 reps holding a 10 lb weight on chest

Then I end it with a 30 minutes workout on the elyptical - resistance varies - I choose the weightloss option.

Then the next time I work out I do lower body (mostly machines again) -
Leg Press - 3 reps of 10 - 90 lbs(maybe a little more..can't remember)
Leg Extension - 3 reps of 10 - 70 lbs
Seating Leg Curl - 3 reps of 10 - 45 lbs
Hip Abductor - 3 reps of 10 - 65 lbs
Hip Aductor - 3 reps of 10 - 65 lbs
Glute Machine - Each leg - 3 reps of 10 - 70 lbs
Abdominal Machine - 3 reps of 10 - 85 lbs
Torso Rotation - 2 reps of 10 for each side - 35 lbs

I end it again with same cardio type/time.

I'm also eating very well - pretty much eliminating most sugars and carbs. (I do slip up here and there but rarely)

In total for the DAY... I have (weighed food)

16 oz fruit
28 oz veggies (all sorts)
24 oz dairy
1 egg
2oz shredded wheat
6oz of protein (chicken or lean beef)

I've been doing this for a couple weeks now and have seen some reasonable weight loss but anything to accelerate this would be awesome!

Thanks guys!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- get off machines and use bodyweight and/or free wt (dumbell/barbell) exercises...they use more muscles, thus more cal's, thus more wt loss
- the programs on the cardio machines are rubbish really, not personalised at all...what makes a fat loss program different then a hill one? what different outcomes do they provide?? none really...your better off doing your own timed intervals
- don't weigh food honey, the more work it needs the less chance it is you'll stick to it...portion sizes are easier, eat until your content etc
- i'd rather know what eat from meal to meal, times etc than what you eat in a whole day
- go to diet section and read "read before posting..." for fat loss food/training info
steveabode
STARTING OUT

Post by steveabode »

Hi Kate

Congrats on the birth of your child- I trust all is well for you both?

You are obviously on top of your workouts, pic 2 on your profile says it all!
As a coach I am downright scared when people say "I'm cutting out the carbs" and "I'm training hard" in the same statement...

Carbohydrate is the most easily accessible of the three types of fuel that we put into our bodies- instead of cutting them and the sugars I would always go for the complex types with a slower burn rate (low GI) such as potatoes, wholegrain breads, brown pasta, brown rice, peas, beans, sweetcorn, fresh fruit.

After training it is vital to replenish the glcogen stores in your body within about an hour, again accessible carbs are the best way to achieve this.

Your doctor will provide you with a balanced diet, but please don't think carbs are a dirty word! It's brilliant that people want to share their knowledge on this site, but even a highly professional nutritionist wouldn't give you a general strategy without meeting you and reading a two week eating record first

Listen to your body and eat from a smaller plate if you think you're putting on the pounds!

Best Regards

Steve