Comment on workout routine

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

some muscles are naturally fast and some naturally slow but a lot are also in the middle and if you train fast, then they can actually take on the characteristics of fast fibres...the lower body high rep thing comes from the fact that the legs are huge in comparison so they must need more stumulation in the form of sets and reps whcih is not as good as stimulating them with 150kg deadlifts and squats in book

point of these questions is that why bother hypertrophying slow fibres when you can focus on hypertrophying the fast fibres and getting bigger as well stronger as a result of it?

miller made a poiost about 1 exercise per muscle wioll build an incomplete build as you'll only get 1 group of muscle fibres...if you choose a compound exercise, load it up and (try) and lift as quick as you can, the amount of fast fibres you rax will trump the shitload of slow (and less growing) fibres you'll recruit with a set of superslow cable flies
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

I've come to believe from experience that you should train your muscles the way you intend to use them.

It is rare, indeed, that someone would opt to move something very slowly when they are able to control the motion quicker.

There are some real limitations on the speed in which you should do free weight exercises. If you do them too quickly you will be "throwing" the weight and you might be, as a result, neglecting working part of the motion.

Some of the hydraulic and pneumatic machines are not subject to this inertia and in opinion are excellent for sports training.

But when in doubt about an exercise ask yourself, "How would I normally use this motion in real life? Fast or slow or something in between?" And let that answer be your guidance.
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

fast twich is quick explosive reps like -er's do except of course a working set is going to be 6-15 reps depending on the muscle group.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

's don"t do "ëxpolsive" reps but there intenst is to do them explosively but obviously the shear wt they lift still moves slowly...notice what you next time you deadlift, do you try and lift it slowly?
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

i used to and youre supposed to try to explode up from the bottom of the rep, but you end up moving slowly.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

exactly, the lift is actually slow but the intenst is to go quickly thus recruiting the fast fibres thus stimualting the fibres that have more potential for growth thus getting bigger and stronger...so in the end it soean;t matter if i do flat bench presses exclusively and not do chest flies to hit those äll important "inner chest fibres because i've taxed the right one's anyway
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

if you lifted very heavy yes, maybe. i know guys that can bench 500lbs and the dont have shit for inner chest mass.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

exactly again, they don't mean anything...i'd rather lift 500pds then have a supposably "incomplete physique" with no inner chest...if you grow your chest enough you'll have an inner portion without training for it...every mountain has a ridge doesnt it? and does it have that ridge from the mt growing bigger or the ridge getting deeper?
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

most guys end up with thick outer and lower pecs but not much inner chest.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

but what does an inner chest do for you?
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

looks good lmao chicks dig the man cleavage lol
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i dig theirs right back
miller1089
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by miller1089 »

its hard not to, ya jus gotta not be so obvious