fat loss/fat burning

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nubianspirit2
STARTING OUT

fat loss/fat burning

Post by Nubianspirit2 »

Hello everyone. I need some enlightment on these topics. I read a fitness magazine and in it, some exercises were recommended for fat loss and some for fat burning. What is the difference between fat loss and fat burning?..i thought they were the same.

Second thing. I checked out some of these protein shakes.....and man!!! they are really expensive. Is there an alternative to protein drinks....couldn't one eat more protein instead?
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Whey isolate is not that expensive. You can find a jumbo bucket for about $70 and it should last about 2-3 months. Compare that to the cost of meat and eggs over the same period. Whey protein is also highly digestible and will feed your muscles much faster after training than solid protein, which is crucial to recovery and growth.
There are no exercises that will burn fat, carbs or proteins specifically. The human body is far more complex than that in how it fuels and depletes itself of energy.
When starting out training, follow the K.I.S.S principal. Don't get caught up in the millions of programs and diet information out there, it just leads to confusion.
petboy
STARTING OUT

Post by petboy »

DianaB wrote:Whey isolate is not that expensive. You can find a jumbo bucket for about $70 and it should last about 2-3 months. Compare that to the cost of meat and eggs over the same period. Whey protein is also highly digestible and will feed your muscles much faster after training than solid protein, which is crucial to recovery and growth.
There are no exercises that will burn fat, carbs or proteins specifically. The human body is far more complex than that in how it fuels and depletes itself of energy.
When starting out training, follow the K.I.S.S principal. Don't get caught up in the millions of programs and diet information out there, it just leads to confusion.
Glad you said that i get fed up with people saying it's a waste of money and so expensive, ok to get the best deals you have to bulk perchase but it's worth the efort to save for it.
the only protein that i get cheaper at the moment is white fish and thats catching up, as for steak gram for gram of protein it can be up to 12 times the cost, and whey is not just about the protein it has many health benifits so enjoy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Also if you buy concentrate powder it's even cheaper than Isolate.

To be honest I'd forget about the magzine workouts. Most if not all are almost certainly anywhere between substandard and rubbish.
Nubianspirit2
STARTING OUT

Post by Nubianspirit2 »

Thanks everyone. Here in London, i still think that protein powder is expensive, but i do want to built muscle while i loss the weight, so i'll have to try and buy it.
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

Fat loss from what I have gathered from personal experience, read and what I'm learning at school = compound weight exercises 3x a week plus 3 cardio days, one week do intervals the next week do 30 minutes of medium intensity running.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nubian, try something like myprotein.co.uk.

You can order online, but the great thing is if you want to, you can customise your own blends.

I don't use it, but it might be good for you.