Lacking in Energy?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Atticus
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Lacking in Energy?

Post by Atticus »

Today I went to the gym, as I normally do Every Other Day (just about), and I was lacking seriously in some energy. I did the Elliptical for 20 minutes, with a 5 minute Cool Down (I didn't really 'cool down' just aimed to get to 2.75 Miles). I had the setting on Manual (since it never reads heart rate, and sends me to manual anyway) with Hills. It was the two small hills.

I was fine with that. Sweating a lot (i have a hard time sweating sometimes), and feeling good about it. Then I did a few work outs, and I just got hit with this wall. As if I just wanted to pack up and go home kind of wall.

I pushed through it a bit and did a bit more exercises, and then ran a 1/2 mile on the treadmill before I left.

So.. here's some other information you may ask about.

Weight: 160
Time I got up: 2:45PM (I work midnights -- got around 7 Hours of Sleep.)
Time I ate: 3:00PM
What I ate:
Banana -- (5 minutes later) -- Two Ego Waffles (with a Multi-Vitamin in between) -- and a Yogurt.

Perhaps I'm not eating enough? I was thinking about making some Scrambled eggs with that.

But I went to the Gym and got there at about 4:15PM. I think that might of been problem. Not enough time for the Carbs to absorb and energy to build.

Or maybe it was just one of those days? Normally I have bunches of energy. So maybe it was just this one time. But however if it happens consistently, I'm going to have to do some management.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

monitor it and add some fruit to breakfast...you might need 2 - 3 meals before training
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Although there can be many reasons for hitting the wall, doing your cardio before resistance training is not doing you any favors. You are depleting yourself before you do the real work.