Anything else to add to program?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Anything else to add to program?

Post by Sean786 »

Day 1

Deadlifts

10 sets of 3 reps HEAVY

Pull Ups Paired with Military Press

5 sets of 5 reps each HEAVY

Close Grip Bench Press Paired with T-Rows

5x5 HEAVY

Day 2

OFF

Day 3

Squat

10x3 HEAVY

Chin Ups Paired With Lunges

4x6 HEAVY/MODERATE

DB Press Paired with DB Rows

3x8 MODERATE

Day 4

Off

Day 5

Power Clean

5x5 HEAVY

BB Bench Press Paired with BB Rows

4x6 MODERATE/HEAVY

Cuban Press Paired with Dips (if you can't replace by bench dips or something similar)

3x8-10 MODERATE/LIGHT

Day 6 and 7

Off

Repeat.

NOTE - I was given this program by Christopheel, it seems like a good program that will work for me and I have the proper equipment to do each of them, but I like to get multiple opinions. I would like to know if there should be anything else added on to what is there. If you need to know some information about me, check out topic in Teenagers&kids area with topic asking for advice.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

goals?

training experience??

personally i wouldn;t do 10 x 3 and then 2 5 x 5 pairings in the 1 day...a lot of nervous system fatigue and then you do the same thing 48hrs later

i'd leave dips out too and add in some more remdial work
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Well training experience is only about 6 months, I learned a lot from dad and I take a school conditioning class. Im just looking for something I can do on own time.

goals are to just gain more muscle mass because I am more on the lean side.

About the 10x3 and 2 5x5...should I maybe reduce the amount of sets for each to make it a little less fatiguing? Or should I just switch them around so each day is about the same amount?

Also, should I just remove dips and add nothing or remove dips and replace it for something else?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

if your only 6mths into it then you can do higher reps and get the same strength benefits although i'd still stay with some low rep work but not entirely low reps for everything

stay with 10 x 3, then 1 5 x 5 pairing and a 3 x 12 pairing i'd say

so each days looks something like this:

strength - 10 x 3 x 1 exercise

strength/hypertrophy - 5 x 5 x 1 pairing

hypertrophy - 3 x 12 x 1 pairing
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Ok thanks, ill give it a try.
Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

I given you this workout ? wow good one lol

Seriously it depends on how solid is your diet ... and your personal experience but Swanso is surely right, more experienced than I do.
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Ok, so far I have done two days of workout. I took swanso's advice t o have a 10x3, a 5x5 pairing and a 3x12 pairing and I like it.

There is a couple more things wrong with rprogram that I need advice on still. One thing is that it tells me to do squats 10x3, but I do not have a squat rack and it is very difficult to get enough weight up over head, onto shoulders, and do the squats then get it back over head.

Are there any similar excercises to squats that could replace them and give a similar result/workout?

That is only problem so far, I was not able to do the squats yesterday during workout so I replaced them with some air squats with weights in hands for the time being.

Here is what Program looks like so far -

Every Workout day
- 3 minute treadmill warm-up
- Stretch before and after workout

Monday
- Power Cleans - 5x5
- BB Bench press with BB Rows - 5x5 each
- Cuban Press with Dips - 3x12 each

Tuesday
- Off!

Wednesday
- Deadlifts - 10x3
- Pull ups with Military Press - 5x5 each
- T-Rows with Close grip Bench - 3x12 each

Thursday
- Off!

Friday
- Not sure - 10x3
- Chin ups with Lunges - 5x5 each
- DB Press with DB Rows - 3x12 each

Saturday
- Off!

Sunday
- Off!

I switched around the workouts some so that I have workout days during the week and weekend off without messing up schedule. As you can see, i took out squats and put Not sure since I cant do the squats.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

dumbbell squats, squat with lighter weight straight armed above head, and one legged squats are some options.

cheers
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Ok, thanks.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- do front squats and clean the bar up to your shoulders...gets you extra clean work too
- don't stretch before training, you're only making yourself weaker before you start
- too much shoulder steress on mon with bench, cuban and dips...i don't like dips much, not great for shoulder joints...try db push presses
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Alright, Ill try that new squat and I alos dont like the dips much, on workout today that involved dips, I decided to skip them and just do some chair dips to substitute them for the time being. Ill try out the push presses next time.

One thing though, would the push presses be a bad thing since it is very similar to the military press and they are only be 48 hours apart? Or is it fine?
Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

Sean786 wrote:Alright, Ill try that new squat and I alos dont like the dips much, on workout today that involved dips, I decided to skip them and just do some chair dips to substitute them for the time being. Ill try out the push presses next time.

One thing though, would the push presses be a bad thing since it is very similar to the military press and they are only be 48 hours apart? Or is it fine?
Your military Press is heavy and your push press will be moderate so no it's alright. :wink:

And Swanso, YOU DON'T LIKE DIPS !!! Well, personally, with the right form, shoulder joint are okay, and I love this exercises. even I would listen to Swanso, he'S the mentor around lol
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

some people can do them but i'd say almost 60% of people's shoulder jojnts can't handle them properly (there's 3 types of acromian proces s make ups - the pointy shoulder bone right on the side)...coupled with other "impingement risking exercises" such as shoulder preses, benches etc all grouped in 1 cycle may be enough to you up for a while
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Well, I took them out just to not take the risk, after that workout shouldes are pretty freakin sore.
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

haha havent been on here forever but just though id stop by and say that back is much better now BUT it still feels pretty funky when i do a deadlift or something so i dont do them yet, is this normal?

also, i just started to pick routine back up after about 3 weeks of resting from back and im not sure if i should keep up old routine or make a new one?