A Few Work out routine questions

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

deer_dance9
STARTING OUT

A Few Work out routine questions

Post by deer_dance9 »

Hi i searched your site for a few answers to some of work out questions and i could not seem to find any direct advice all though i learned alot. Im currently 19 years of age, and in reasonable physical shape ( to standards lol ) I work a construction job in which i move around quite a bit. I work 4, 10 hour days monday to thursday. i weigh about 175 pounds and im about 5' 11. I visit the gym around 6-7 days a week. I generally do 3 sets of all work outs with around 30 pound dumbbells. i do basic bicept curls, barrel (hammer) curls. then for shoulders i do front deltoid raises, and side deltoid raises, and shoulder presses on a machine in the gym of about 100 pounds. triceps i just do a basic pull down. for abs ill do i declined sit ups with a 25 pound weight on chest for about 5 sets then a few minor ground work sit up variations. fallowed up by 20 min to a half hour on a treadmill or rowing machine. for a grand total of about an hour

The questions i have are;

Is this really effective- Im able to do this everyday, all of muscle groups. I know they say you should rest your muscles but i dont feel i really need the rest.

Im never really sore after the workouts either- yes after a long day of work then about 1 hour everyday at the gym muscles are definitely tired, and i feel like they are definitely worked, but i never feel overly sore. and by the next day im ready and willing to go again. I know they say you should not work out if your muscles are sore to the touch. but thats never the case for me. I guess what im trying to explain is im never as sore as that first time when u work out after a while and you could barely move your arms the next day. Normally when i wake up the next day muscles feel healed and i dont feel damaged at all.

main goals are to tone up muscles, add a little bit of muscle mass, and loose a little bit of body fat. If any one has any suggestions or any answers to why routine is not effective, or if it is effective, i would love to hear anything
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- 11hr construction job days + 6 - 7 gym sessions = no muscle
- justread further...11hr contruction job days + 6 - 7 gym sessions + 30pd db's = even less muscle
- just read further...oh this could go on forever...just insert all those exercises into that equation above for the same answer

soreness doesn't dictate strength or muscle gain...if you were sore all the time would you be able to train? probably not...that being said no soreness tells me you not training anywhere near hard enough...in your situation with work and training, you should be near depressive with acute vital organ shut down if you were

here's what to do:

fri - heavy lower body
sat - heavy upper body
sun - off
mon - off
tue - quick full body workout, no arms, abs etc allowed here
wed - off
thu - off

you have a high work load mon - thu so 1 session in this time is all you'll need

for food go to diet section and read "read before posting.."

i'll make up a program for you if needed