Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Sounds like your enjoying yourself and liking what you're doing! That a girl!

If you are a vegetarian, keeping your protein high just takes practice with your diet. Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgable with vegie diets. As for taking the protein in the morning, it won't hurt you, and it will guarentee you get your protein, but solid protein is the best if possible.

Taking your shake right after you workout is best, so you are doing it right!

If you are doing a full body 3x per week then you should try squats one day, leg press one day and a deadlift one day. Personally, I favour the sumo deadlift. Although you can find an article on fitnessathlete.com about variations you can try. You may find that site usefull for knowledge and as reference for your information sessions with your "trainer" and "gym going friends", lol.

Keep it up girl, use pictures and body measurements to track your body change progress. The tracking system on this site will tell you how to do the body measurements

Cheers
ameynevrekar
STARTING OUT

Advice on gym routine

Post by ameynevrekar »

Hi i am amey and following is routine in the gym:

Cardio-daily for 1 hr (30 mins walking on a tradmeal at a reasonably fast speed and 30 mins on a steeper)

weights-daily 1 hr(full body workout which includes legs and upper body)

Tell me if i am doing it correctly. I do not want a body of a body builder.

height is 5.8 and current weight is 77kg and i want to come down to 68 kg. Please Help
[/b]
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

The way to get a body of a body builder is by drugs. Don't do drugs and you'll be fine! Heavy lifting will make you healthy and strong, not big and bulky, that is important to know.

weights should be heavy enough that after 3 sets of 10 reps you couldn't do another rep after the last one. Do your weights 3 days a week with a day in between. If you decide to do cardio on a weight day keep it to 15 minutes to a 1/2 hour.

Cardio for an hour is good but how long have you been doing this workout routine? If its been more than 2 or three months it may be time to change the type of cardio you are doing. Also you should do cardio of this length on opposite days of the weights and should take one day a week off. (rest and relaxation for the mind and body)

Is the weight you want to be for a specific reason? Or is it because you think you'd look good at that weight? It is truely best to use the mirror, pictures and tape measure your body rather than a scale. Fat takes up more space but weighs less than muscle. So 10 kg of fat looks extremely different on you than 10 kg of muscle but the scale itself will never move and if your goal is a specific weight than you will get very angry and frustrated. tape measures and pictures show you the difference from where you were to where you are.

Cheers
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

What was your body type when you were 18 to 20 years old? Have you always carried this much weight, or is it recent? Is the weight gain due to bad habits or other factors?

I would say that your diet is insufficient. You want to lose about 20 pounds. In general a diet of about 2,000 calories per day will sustain your existing weight. If you cut 250 calories per day from that you will lose about 1/2 pound per week. That might be a much more reasonable amount to cut your diet to than what you are doing now. (One half pound per week, in 10 years you will have lost 250 pounds--probably more than you are seeking to lose).

In any case a difficult-to-live-with-diet that gets quick results is almost never as satisfactory as an easy to live with one that gives longer term results.
ameynevrekar
STARTING OUT

Thanks vamp

Post by ameynevrekar »

thanx vamp for your timely advice
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

cheers ameynevrekar. How long have you been working out on your routine?