Workout okay?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ron57
STARTING OUT

Workout okay?

Post by ron57 »

Hi all, new here, but been getting a lot of useful information. Was really trying to post a workout i've been doing and hoping to get some critique on it. main goal is weight loss (196lb @ 5-10', age: 22), but would like to build muscle along the way.

Monday (back/bicept):
20 min jog (approx 150-160 HR)
Chin up (assisted) 4 x 10
Romanian deadlift (barbell) 4 x 10
Pull down 4 x 10
Bicept Curl 4 x 10
Horizontal Row (machine) 4 x 10
Lateral dumbell Row 4 x 10

Tuesday:
30 min jog (approx 150-160 HR)

Wednesday (chest/tricept):
20 Minute Jog
Flat Bench press (barbell) 4 x 10
Incline bench press (barbell) 4 x 10
Skull crusher (dumbell) 4 x 10
Chest squeeze (machine) 4 x 10
Tricept pressdown 4 x 10
Chest Cable pull (machine) 4 x 10

Thursday:
45 minute jog

Friday (legs/shoulders):
20 Min Jog
Squats 4 x 10 (barbell)
Sitting Calf Lift 4 x 10
Seated dumbell military press 4 x 10
Hamstring pull-up (machine) 4 x 10
Shoulder lateral fly 4 x 10
Arnold press 4 x 10

For the reps, basically i do 8 then progress to 10, when i can do 10, I move up the weight. I will stay at the same weight sometimes and make sure I have good form before progressing. I'm also trying to fit in a cardio session on Saturday but still working on it.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- romanian dead are legs
- lateral db row??? lateral raise? if so that's shoulder
- you need some lower rep work (3 - 6)
- i'd say concentrate on leaning down first, you'll build some muscle along the way anyway
- 480 reps for internal rot of the humerus and 40 for external rotation...in laymans terms, cut out most of your chest/shoulder work and do a shitload more upper back/mid back work...oh and deadlifts from the floor...good luck with your posture then even better good luck with your shoulder surgery in the future

an easy program to follow is the waterbury method by chad waterbury

oh what are you eating? that's whre all your fat loss comes from
ron57
STARTING OUT

Post by ron57 »

Thanks for letting me know so I dun kill myself. So I think I'll follow the Waterbury method since i'm reading that's the most recommended program. But a couple of questions, for exercises that they don't list reps/sets, do i assume its the same or do till failure? Also you mentioned that Deadlift is bad, should I follow it since the Romanian deadlift is there in the program.

As for diet, I'm still working on it but as of now this is what I've got.
Breakfast: Ceral + Milk (250ml Skimmed)
Snack 1: Strawberries (15-20)
Lunch: Pasta (tomato sauce with chicken)
Snack 2: Bananna + small sub (ham/lettece/no sauce)
Dinner: 2 spoonful of rice, veggies and meat

As for leaning down, wut other steps should I take? More cardio? Because as of now I go to the driving range around 3x/week and play basketball 2h/week.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- the exercises withno sets/reps are poairs with the exercise above it i'm sure
- i' would never say deads are bad, they're favourite exercise...i meany start doing them
- for food go to diet section and read "read before posting..."
- you shouldn't need any extra cardio
ron57
STARTING OUT

Post by ron57 »

Been reading the sticky, I will try to adjust diet to include more protein. Also instead of long runs for tues/thurs, I intend to substitute it with 25 min HITT (3min warm-up/down then 1 min all-out coupled with 2 min jog, should work out to 6 intervals). How does that sound? Also, what is a reasonable result to expect in lets say 3 months? (inches? weight? i dunno...)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

intervals sound good...don't focus on the amount of intervals too much though..if you hard interval drops too far then it's beter to simply ese the whole thing down to a jog for 10mins

everyone is different and has different compliance, starting points etc so you can never estimate