Need a new program

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Need a new program

Post by Mbauer21 »

HI everyone!
I think I need to upgrade/change routine. Lately I haven't been getting "sored" from lifting, and it makes me feel like im not really accomplishing much. Should I increase weight and lower reps?? I usually do 12 reps 3 sets. I think body is bored with that routine! lol
well any help would be awesome!!!
thanks!!
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

give us your current program and how long you've been doing it. We'll go from there.

cheers
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

Gym: 6 days a week.
1 day weight training, 2nd day cardio, and so on.
Full body work outs.
12 reps 3 sets.
I mostly use machines. I know.
So weight depends. I usually use more weight in legs than arms or back work outs.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

okay so what exercises/machines?

form of cardio? lengths of time? intensity?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

nice 6 pack....

goals????
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

yes nice abs, and swanso she believes in high protein diets, Hiit programs for cardio and high resistance training and loves her sugary cereal. I wonder if she likes KFC?

LOL

Mbaur, sorry wasn't trying to tease you but to tease swanso. Hope I didn't embarrass you.

Cheers
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

Well thank you Swanso. And none taken Vamp :) Im a bit confused by it but oh well lol...

Well goals as of now is to keep abs looking like that. but most importantly, bc thats a goal already achieved, is to increase definition/strength in legs. quads are pretty big and hard but they dont look all "defined", I believe thatd be achieve with lower body fat????

And to answer previews question. Well as I said I use machines, barely use free weights, just sometimes at home ( I owe a 20 lbs 8 lbs and 5lb(5lb mom bought to "work out" but never did) so I TOOK EM!
anyway... I use the leg extension, hip flexors or w/e for inner outter leg, mach for deltoids, rows, bench... and as I stated, I dont get sored much anymore, so I figured I need a change. Today I did 8 reps 3 sets?? worked on back , bis, tris, calves, leg extensions, and I think that was it.....
soo ya hope thats enough info this time lol
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

for the 20lbs 8 lbs 5 lbs those are a pair of dumbels each
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

do you have someoen to teach you some lifts with free wts at your gym???

i wanna get you into deadlifts, squats and lunges....
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

girlfriend if you want those legs and butt to die for you gotta do squats, deads and lunges. Just ask Diana and Katie.

Cheers
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

Yea I can get advice on how to perform them. A few days agoI tried doing squats with dumbbells and I felt it worked very well.
another things . LAtely ive been getting really really hungry. I used to eat every 3 hrs. Now, barely...I can only make it every 2 hrs 21/2 max. I have about 270-320 each mean and been consuming about 1900 cals a day... I am not sure if that would make me gain fat? prolly not, since I work out??? is that too much or too little for me??
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

if your hungry then eat more certainly...it seems your metabolism is increasing which is a good sign
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Agreed vamp & swanso5 on the squats, deads, and lunges. Not sure if your doing these already: Leg Press (narrow stance) Leg curls, Prone ham curls. I usually work up to 3 sets of 15 reps increasing the weight when I feel it becomes too easy. But ya gotta incorporate those squatters, deads, and lunges with the barbell/dumbells girlfriend :D And yes...hunger is a good thing. Great sign that your metabolism is doing it's job;)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Definately good for you to be getting hungry. Nothing wrong with adding 20-50 calories to each meal, especially if its solid protein. With you adding the deads, squats and lunges your body is gunna need it!

:) Cheers
Mbauer21
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Mbauer21 »

thanks you guys. Im deff gonna incorporate squats, lunges, deads into routine:):) im excited. SO, what exactly is going on in our bodies when our metabolism goes up? Is it bc of the muscle ive been able to build so far? since muscle is more active and requires more energy.