Waterbury Method - Questions...?

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

shazzu
STARTING OUT

Waterbury Method - Questions...?

Post by shazzu »

Hi, i just started the waterbury method today. and i just had few questions which you guys could help me out with...

1. I'm taking isoflex protein shakes (http://www.isoflex.ca/). please check out the link and let me know if its any good since i don't know much about protein shakes. (Btw i'm looking for fat-less protein shakes)

2. When/howmanytimes should i take the protein shake? i only take it after workout. should i take it everyday? what about days i only do cardio?

3. Between each excercise (not between sets) in the WBM, how many minutes of rest should i take? does it matter?

4. For day 1, is it okay if i replace BB/DB rows with Machine rows?...and i really doubt i can do 'hanging leg raises' at gym...is it possible to replace that..for today i just did another the bicycle ab excercise instead...

5. for day 2, Partial DB Deadlift (Rom. DL)...what does that mean? and what's the best possible way of doing the 'calf raises?' ..on staircase? machine?

6. finally, diet - i'm 5'11 155pounds, i was wondering how much calories/carbs etc. i should eat per day. im trying to get bigger...

i know it's alot of questions. but any help is very much appreciate. thank you in advance guys!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

1 - any powder will do, it's fine...how many crabs ler serve and how much is 1 serve?
2 - take after wt workouts and no other time or 1/2 before wts and 1/2 after
3 - it says the rest in the program...i think it's 1min but varies depending on the pairing
4 - why can't you do db/bb row? do reverse crunches on the floor instead of HLR
5 - partlial deadlift is from a bench about knee but i'd go for a bb here...romanian deadlift is a 1 leg variation with the other leg up on a bench behind you...pop them in youtube for demo's...calf raises off some form of step, ledge, block etc
6 - go to diet section and read "read before posting..."
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

the one i have gives me them.....
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

swanso5 wrote:the one i have gives me them.....
Uh, that's not your protein.
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

DianaB wrote:
swanso5 wrote:the one i have gives me them.....
Uh, that's not your protein.

WTF SWANS!??!?!?! SOMETHING TO TELL US?!?!?
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

thanks for the reply swanso, but i didn get wen i should take the proteins..so ur saying the i only do cardio, i shouldnt take any protein at all? and other days just take it 1/2hr after workout? n btw protein doesnt have any carbs.
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

i usually take protein shake right after workout (at the lockers) and then after 20-30 mins of that i go eat a meal, which has atleast 50grams of carbs. is that ok?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i'd rather you have shake and carbs then solid protein, veg meal
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

how can i take carbs with protein shake? some examples?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i have a bowl of sugary cerial wth milk and sugar straight after it...you want this, pasta, rice or bread at this time so pre prepare
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

hi guys, i had one more question. on Day 5 for waterbury method, it says 6x4 standing hamme curls and 6x4 lunges...does this ean 6 reps on each hand for the curls and 6 lunges on each leg so 12 in total for the set? please clarify this! thank you
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Simpel answer to your Carbs Conundrum.

Get a basic Concentrate protein powder, that has Carbs in it. Many P + C powders, have something like Maltodextrin in them, a high GI type, just the ticket, but some may have simple / complex combination types like Palatinose and Glucommannan, that's okay too, but you will potentially pay a little more for thos,e becasue the manufacturing process required to bind two Carb types together may take longer, so you have to pay in part, for the companies increased Elecrticity bills, to run their fancy little carb pulverising machine thingy for longer :wink:
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

thank you bossman ill definately look into them, u have any idea abt the reps for the waterbury method?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

6 on each, 12 in total
shazzu
STARTING OUT

Post by shazzu »

hey, im planning to try to this program next week, im doing a warm up this week to see which weights fits me. i just had two questions...

1. When we perform the 10 sets of 3 reps excercises (i think there's 2), do we take 70 seconds rest in between each sets? that seems to be alot, so just wondering.

2. i just joined a new gym cuz im not @ school anymore, n this gym doesnt have any dips machine. so wat excercise can i as a alternative? something that targets chest/triceps? what would be good?

Thanks in advance!