Off-Season Program

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

we don't want to be iceing after every session, if we need to then we won't do it

let me know how tomorrow pulls up
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

It's felt pretty good today so far, and this is without any ice or ibuprofin or anything like that. I have practice in a couple hours so I'll see how it feels after that
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

Before practice, sitting on a stool watching film for an hour led back being really stiff and achy. The stiffness/achyness went away during practice, but came back three hours later.
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

It's now the second day since I tested back and it's really achy today. I'm going to ice and use ibuprofin i guess and see how that goes...
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i'd suggest do the one's that didn't hurt (rack pulls, lunges, step ups) again and see if pain persists and we'll pay the game of elimination

that being said you need a good 4 weeks of doing the stuff suggested earlier everyday before the rack pulls

think long term here...play at 70% strength for one season or have for pin for the next 50 years...hmmm big decision there
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

I'm a little confused, so should I wait four weeks before doing the rack pulls and stuff or four weeks before the warmup?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

do all the "rehab' stuff, get your glutes firing, rest the back, increase single leg strength, try the rack pull sif you don't think they hurt and leave the regular deads, stiff legged deadlifts etc for later
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

ok thanks!
timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

So i did lunges and step ups today, along with the warm up stuff, and back is completely screwed. I'm laying on ice right now hoping it'll get to the point where I can at least walk tonight without pain. I don't even know what the hell to do anymore with this. I'm incredibly discouraged and I'm seriously afraid this is going to hinder athletic performance forever. I don't know where to go from here...should I just do the warm up stuff for now on? What else can I do if I can't even do lunges or step ups?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you need a THOROUGH evaluation...i suggest this right now:

email eric cressey (search google you'll get his site thus contact) and ask him if he knows anyone in your area that you can go and see, he'll know someone GOOD...he's in the boston area i'm pretty sure if you're there

and do as they say

all leg work is off for you for a while, still keep on with the warm up/glute stuff though but run it past eric first...don't make the email too long just a quick explaination what's going on, what you've done, what hurts etc