Basketball Training Program

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Hax0r
STARTING OUT

Basketball Training Program

Post by Hax0r »

Hey I'm looking for a Basketball work out routine.

I'm about 6ft4 and weight 230lb, I'm tryna cut to around 200lb. I do work 3 times a week and manage to run twice a week or so. main problem is diet, I don't know what I need to eat for training or after training or what I need to eat before a basketball game or after a basketball game etc.

aims are:

To lose around 30lb (I do have a some fat in legs and stomach)
To look leaner/more toned (nice chest/arms/abs etc)
To be able to use body to perfect basketball game (Jumping higher, being faster etc)
To be able to eat better and healthier :)

I have access to gym 5 days a week so can work out anytime. I can run every day. I have the motivation :).

I should mention that I'm also doing a 13 mile run for cancer research in about a year so the more running the better at the moment.

I usually run about 4 miles a week, which isn't very much ;x. I run during basketball but don't really count that <>?

Someone help me out with a starting work out plan please? and how much running I'd need to do a week to get to 200lb? =]
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you're all over the place..priortise your goals i'd say others are the opposite of others....you can't do all of them

1) lose wt - high intensity exercise, clean diet
2) look leaner - add muscle
3) improve b'ball - get stronger
4) healthier - all of the above
5) marathon - repetitve cardio

training for a marathon with endles running will acheive the first 3 and maybe not even number 4

get fit to run don't run to get fit
Hax0r
STARTING OUT

Post by Hax0r »

Well would it be possible to work on 1 and 3 first? =D?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

easily

losing wt is all about food so go to diet section and read "read before posting..."

the strongest athlete's are always the best as skills are about the same usually (shaq, dwight howard, kobe, mj, sir charles etc) so strength is the aim for training...i suggest the waterbury method by chad waterbury for starters