anyone want to help me make a program :)

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

WarnedTimothy
STARTING OUT

anyone want to help me make a program :)

Post by WarnedTimothy »

Hey all, been working out at friends house for about 2 months now. I was using his equipment, but now I recently got own to use, so I was wondering if anyone wants to help me make a workout plan. I would like to workout: Chest,Biceps/Triceps,Legs and Back and Abs.

For equipment, I got a bench, and for the weights on it, i got up to 90LBS of weights on it. I also got 2 dumbbells and a EZ bar.

I can curl 70LBS on the EZ bar, 20LBS on the two dumbbells. and for some reason, I'm having trouble benching 100LBS, it makes me mad. I weigh 155LBS I should be able to bench 100.

for meals, mom makes me healthy food, everyday for lunch dinner breakfast... so I eat healthy.

Also if you're going to suggest the Waterbury method I guess I'm stupid because I don't understand any of it. So any guidance would be appreciated for a full week workout.
Oh! One last thing, for cardio, I have hockey two times a week, on Wednesday and Sunday

Thanks for your time
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

yes i will suggest the WM..what don't you understand?
WarnedTimothy
STARTING OUT

Post by WarnedTimothy »

I don't understand all the percentage crap they tell you
thekid24
HIGH FLYER

Post by thekid24 »

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/1rm.htm

go to that link and you'll figure out %s of your 1rm.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

don't worry about the % stuff...if it says to lift for 8 reps use a 10 rep wt for all sets...if it says to do 6 reps use an 8 rep wt for all sets...see what i mean???

simply use a wt that 2 reps over the rep range as the point is to get all the reps each time you train so the volume is what makes you grow..if you go too heavy and instead of getting 4 x 6 = 24 reps, you only get 6, 5, 3, 2 = 16 total reps, the volume is not enough to stimulate actual growth
WarnedTimothy
STARTING OUT

Post by WarnedTimothy »

thanks guys, im going to start tonight, thanks :)
WarnedTimothy
STARTING OUT

Post by WarnedTimothy »

Never mind, for day one. i can't do hanging leg raises since im working out at home, not the gym. and dips, can i just put hands on bench and feet in front and dip? Also if i'm 16 155LBS what should i start to squat?

what can i use as a chin up bar, all tips appreciated thanks :)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

instead of HLR do reverse crunches actually using your abs to do the work momentum/rolling back and forth

there's no specific number to start with juat take it easy though and get technique down before adding wt

do you have a swing, tree branch or something to hang off?
Sunlight.Fades
STARTING OUT

Post by Sunlight.Fades »

You could try going to a playground with monkeybars and using those for chinups....
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

look up dips and variations on youtube. perhaps chair dips.

Cheers
WarnedTimothy
STARTING OUT

Post by WarnedTimothy »

thanks guys for the replies. I started yesterday its great!
I'm doing the chair dips, and crunches, but what do i do for chin-ups. Nothing close around house to do them with, or can you buy a chin up bar somewhere?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you can buy those one's that screw up in your door frame somewhere...otherwise just do pullovers or chest supported rows