Which excercise routine is good for me??

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

taylormah
STARTING OUT

Which excercise routine is good for me??

Post by taylormah »

I am 25 yr old weighing 230 pounds. goal is to loose 50 pounds while building muscles. I play little bit of raquetball, do some swimming and go to gym to do running and do some weight training. But in schedule I cant do all of them in same day. So I want to figure out what is the best weight lose routine for me. I certainly want to stick to running/cycling in gym as well as little muscle builing excercises, however, i cant decide should I take up swimming or racquetball as game to play. Which one helps more with weight lose. Some say swimming strengthens muscles, some say racquetball builds stamina and strength. Cant decide what to stick to. Can you please guide a little here??

Also, even in gym, what would help more - more running than wt. training or an equal amount of both??
Thanks for help!!
rynuku
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rynuku »

i cant tell you what program because it sounds like u got a busy schedule and i dont know what your body stats are to tell you if 50 pounds is reasonable but i can answer your weights vs cardio question

cardio burns calories and fat (if your training aerobically) pretty fast but once you get off the equipment...the burn stops like 3 hours later (give or take depending on your metabolism)

weights will typically burn a little less calories because its not continuous work (unless your training really hard and fast like circuit or something) and not so much fat (because its usually anaeroic...burning up sugars first) but resistance training has something called the after burn which will have your body burning more calories than normal for up to 48 hours after...

also for every pound of muscle you have...your body burns an additional 35-50 calories a day...

weight loss = calories out > calories in

Sooo...you tell me :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

wts 3/week with a day off in btw each

raquetball on one other day

swimming, running OR cycling 1 other day of the week

5 days all up, 2 days off where you can do some light cardio if you want to

obviuosly wts is where it's at for fat loss

most cardio burns calories not fat too