Tummy fat

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

hanenee
STARTING OUT

Tummy fat

Post by hanenee »

Hi every body :D
I am a mother of 2 , current weight is 60 kg and am 163 cm
Am trying to loose tummy fat, which seems to be impossible, I have been going to the gym twice daily
Morning I do cardio, and then evening I do weight (the weight lifting is 3 times per week) and other types of exercising, I have noticed that I have been loosing weight from labs while tummy size stands still
Am getting really frustrated and I don’t know, how to loose tummy fat, and gain those 6 packs
diet contains, fiber, protein , lots of water, I cant stand vegetables
Any Help ??!! :?
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

You don't say if it is subcutaneous body fat or essential body fat.

Subcutaneous fat is the fat that resides just under the skin.

Essential body fat is the fat that resides between the abdominal wall and the abdominal muscles.

The first is easily dealt with by diet.

The second is the body's mechanism for assuring that there is adequate fat stores for human reproduction. Dieting to eliminate those stores will often result in a shutting down of the menstrual cycle. There are health issues associated with that, including osteoporosis.

Your height is about 5' 4" and weight is about 132 pounds (I can't think in metric). I would think that, depending on your bone structure, at most you would have about 10 pounds to lose; perhaps less.

There is no way to target fat loss (other than liposuction). You can safely lose weight to the point that you still maintain your menstrual functions. If they cease, you should consult your doctor. Only your doctor will be able to determine if further weight loss is safe.
hanenee
STARTING OUT

Post by hanenee »

HiThere, I really appreciate ur reply
Well, I gained this fat after I gave birth to kids,(so it's the first type if am not mistaken !!) I never had any issues with tummy fat, and it’s been always flat
I don’t want to go under operations; I thought that I could loose it easily
You are absolutely right am targeting 55 kg, which means I have more 10 pounds to loose.
Am giving self a chance up to February, other wise I will give it up
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

1 - can't stand veggies? you'll struggle to lose wt then...and where do you get your fibre from then???
2 - 2 a day workouts won't work...you need to exercise harder, way harder if you can do that
3 - feb or bust? think long term

program - search your body is a barbell by alwyn cosgrove

eating - go to diet section and read "read before posing.."

then report back
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

hanenee wrote: ...Am giving self a chance up to February, other wise I will give it up
Not a very good approach.

Sometimes one diet/work out routine will not work for you. It takes 6 weeks to really know.

If that one does not work well, then you need to choose another and give it the same 6 weeks.

That is the advantage of posting in sites like this. You get support and valuable information that will allow you to work through some difficulties.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well not to stave any obvious things here, but Fibre can be obtained via Whole-grains, some Legumes, Bread, some Fruits to some extent, and also the dissolvable Fibre supplements like Fibresure and Benefibre, and I believe there's another alled Metamucil.

You will need to make sure though if you don't get veggies, you're getting sources like those listed, to help yourself.
hanenee
STARTING OUT

Post by hanenee »

in fact am getting fiber from Whole-grains and fruits , yes i can work harder to have a good shape, i used to run 5 k b4 having any of kids, so i still have some of strength , i knew it that it takes long time to get into shape, but what made me really disappointed was tummy's size, it did not change it's been almost two months and the size is 35 have not droop even half c.
thanx for ur variable information i will go through what u have recommended me
hanenee
STARTING OUT

Post by hanenee »

it's true am getting fiber from fruits, whole grains as i mentioned before,
i thought b4 about the fat burners supplements and found out that they dont suite me since am breast feeding :(
any way i will keep the hard work until i post picture b4 and after
Wish me luck
hanenee
STARTING OUT

Post by hanenee »

Hi Packard,
I went through your paragraph again, and thought well about it , some questions came to mind about what u wrote me

1- how can i determine if the fat i have is subcutaneous or essential ?
2-Fitness models (moms) had liposuction operations to get into their new shape ?
3- weight was 55 kg 5 years a go
now am 60 kg, do u think in this case it's safe to loose further weight since previous weight was 55 ? or i still need to consult a Dr ??
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Subcutaneous fat is fat that resides just beneath the skin. Pinch your tummy skin--if the fat is between your fingers when you pinch it, it is subcutaneous and is easily lost when you trim down.

"Essential fat" is the fat that is required for child bearing. It will generally appear for the first time after the first child is born. It is beneath the abdominal muscles and you cannot pinch it. You really cannot determine if you have essential fat until you've gotten your subcutaneous fat down to a minimum.

"Essential fat" is referenced in this article and it spells out the difference fairly clearly: http://www.brianmac.co.uk/fat.htm
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

strongly suggest reading the diet and nutrition forum stickies and as swanso suggested look up your body as a barbell.

For cardio, drop steady paced long distance running to once a week go for HIIT for 2x a week. These should alternate with the body as a barbell workout so it would be....

resistance work
Hiit
resistance work
Hiit
resistance work
long distance cardio or recreational type cardio\
day off

cheers